Attention to detail

1. How important is attention to detail at your work? 2) Have you ever F’d up with attention to detail? 3) How long did it take until you achieved perfect or almost-perfect attention to detail? 4) What do you do if your trainees (if any) F up with attention to detail?

Okay here you go 1 - I don’t work 2 - I am a robot 3 - I was born that way 4 - Eat them

1. Extremely… when is it not important? 2. Yes, learned quickly that if you want to keep a job you need to be thorough with your work and not F up. 3. No one’s going to jinx themselves here. 4. Read ValueAddict’s comment.
  1. How important is attention to detail at your work? Very 2) Have you ever F’d up with attention to detail? Yes 3) How long did it take until you achieved perfect or almost-perfect attention to detail? Maturity & work experience helped. I had a big change while giving a presentation in grad school. I did a huge presentation with a million numbers almost by myself. The presentation and paper were fantastic. Except for one thing - a number was wrong, (I won’t go into detail) and it made me look like a full. I had 40 people looking at me. When someone brought it up, I wanted to run into the hallway. Since then, I have been motivated by an intense fear of failure/embarassment/public tears. 4) What do you do if your trainees (if any) F up with attention to detail? No trainees. Public Humiliation worked for me.

1- Important 2- I am not good at giving attention to details. Yes I have Fup a few times 3- as i said, not good at it. 4- they are better than me :S

1. V. Important 2) I guess everybody has F’d up at some point in time or other. Happens more than once. 3) Takes experience (experience of making a fool of yourself by making mistakes). Even then Murphy’s law will catch up with you some times. 4) ValueAddict’s comment is good one but if you don’t believe in cannibalism try to get them promoted to work under somebody else.