August Level III CBT Exam experience

Howdy folks!
I took a level 3 exam last week at one of prometric test centers in the US.
Thought that 2hr 15minutes was enough time for both AM and PM sessions.
My experience with the CBT test was not bad at all. The testing center was pretty busy in the morning with other people taking other exams, but after 30 minutes it became quiet.
I wish I had a separate room for myself but I took the exam in a big room with partitions for each computer.
How did yours go?
Please share your experiences!

1 Like

I had a similar experience in May 2021, cheers :+1:

1 Like

I also had a feeling of OK exam, and was pretty confident. But in the end did not pass.
Hope you did well on Ethics/GIPS.

1 Like

You got it next time for sure :+1:

2 Likes

The exam was not easy at all. AM was very time pressuring and weirdly worded. PM was somewhat ok, but still challenging, so no, the exam was not ok-ish for me. I dont know which test did you write but I know i was prepared well and there were a lot wtf moments on the test.

Besides, CBT was a pure catastrophe for me on the AM. The keyboard was changing letters to italic and was constantly deleting letters. I think i spent good 20-25 minutes on correcting formulas and answers which it messed up. Other people were constantly entering/exiting and asking questions, aircoolers were set on 15C I believe, so it was like in freezer. It felt more like a nerve wrenching test.

All in all, I know i did my stuff before the exam, and did it trully hard, but this technical things made me so angry (on top of everything else) that in one moment i just wanted to exit the test. I dont believe i will pass, and it hurts knowing how much i invested myself into it. Just my 2c

1 Like

Not to be overcritical on prometric, personnel was really kind and helpful and the whole preprocedure went smooth without any additional stress.

1 Like

I can’t even imagine taking such brutal exam that too on a Desktop Computer with keyboard clanking all around me.

On one hand I did think the pre pandemic era Charterholders were wronged by being not offered LIII twice a year but on the other the Prometric “thing” have got people spooked. I know pretty well what it means to prepare and not pass. It takes courage to regroup oneself and retake.

3 Likes

Your exam was 2 hours and 15 minutes? My countdown time started at 2 hours 12 minutes.

That is odd. CFAI says the AM and PM sessions are approximately 135 minutes.
I guess some people can have little bit of difference in time depending on exam sets.

I assume candidates get different sets of questions, so difficulty can vary.
I wish you the best luck on the result.

2 Likes

All the best to you as well mate. From your self report I can sense its a sure pass, enjoy your life. I will keep on praying to all the gods for grace and mercy as they are the only one that can help me now :laughing:

1 Like

Cheers - good luck - you got thisđź‘Ť

1 Like

Lol, I’m with you here. AM was brutal for me.

1 Like

Hahah… well, there are gods for you as well… and beer of course :smiley:
Seeing the pass rate on July Level 1 exam, I made peace with whatever comes. Good luck to you mate!

1 Like

Thank you my friend. All the best to you and everyone else who sat for the exam.

Hi, do we need to carry the calculator or is there any inbuilt application to do the calculations ?. Thanks

You need to bring your calculator.

Ok, thanks.

My pleasure.

Hi, Do we need to show the formulas in the AM section or we can just write the final answers after working them out in the sheet which they will provide ? The reason why i ask is that it will be difficult to type out the formulas and i didnt see any other function in the CBT tutorial video