auto bailout poll... yeah or nay

no long reasons why. no long explanations required. just curious on the yeahs and nays. i say NAY!

nay

Hell No…(I worked for Daimler)… Nay!

nay…

Nope

Yeah. What are the options that won’t utterly sink the country?

nay, they’ll just come back for more.

nay…the automotive industry was in tatters long before the crisis, it’s just that now they have an excuse to get a hand me down… besides, isn’t anyone concerned about where the hell all this bailout money is gonna come from??

No way in hell.

and i wanna add that i dont wanna pay for their pension either.

nay…and what’s up with those “jobs banks”?

Auto-bailout for the auto industry… Does that mean they bail themselves out? Sounds good to me. I think we let them go bankrupt, take the money we would have used for a bailout, use a portion to provide unemployment/retraining benefits. Take another portion and recapitalize a holding company that strips away the parts of the big three that are consistent with a lighter energy footprint and sells off the rest.

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Auto-bailout for the auto industry… Does that > mean they bail themselves out? Sounds good to me. > > > I think we let them go bankrupt, take the money we > would have used for a bailout, use a portion to > provide unemployment/retraining benefits. Take > another portion and recapitalize a holding company > that strips away the parts of the big three that > are consistent with a lighter energy footprint and > sells off the rest. thats the most reasonable thing to do but politics/ideology seem to trump reason every time

I don’t think they should bail them out. We need that money to bail out the hedge fund counter-parties of AIG’s derivative contracts. Yeah

no

Let them enter bankruptcy. They will NEVER be able to keep up with foreign automakers. The pension liabilities are absolutely ridiculous and the US auto industry’s lack of innovation has been astounding.

bchadwick Wrote: > I think we let them go bankrupt, take the money we > would have used for a bailout, use a portion to > provide unemployment/retraining benefits. Take > another portion and recapitalize a holding company > that strips away the parts of the big three that > are consistent with a lighter energy footprint and > sells off the rest. that makes a lot of sense to me

Lighter energy footprint? The only thing we like from Detroit are 8-liter Vipers and stuff.

spierce Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yeah. > > What are the options that won’t utterly sink the > country? Having worked at Daimler do you guys know they have many people on their payroll who haven’t worked in 10 yrs and were working totally unrelated jobs? The problem is according to union rules you couldn’t fire them. In fact these people got called back since they had seniority. They kicked quality people into layoff and worked for a day before faking an injury to up their monthly payments to current wages… You needed to fire someone a good 8 times before it stuck. Then these people would still win their unemployment cases which cost the company $$$. DO YOU THINK THIS IS FAIR TO THE GOOD COMPANIES? You know the non union companies such as Toyota and Honda that have US Plants? You prop up Michigan, you hurt the good companies and cause CHAOS… If GM goes under, Honda and Toyota will build US plants causing GROWTH!

NAY!!! seriously die already!