Autobiography Without Trying

My grandfather recently completed an autobiography, which is a fun read for any family members now and will probably serve as a memorial long after he is gone. Do you think that our online lives, via Facebook and forums such as AF, will serve as a kind of autobiographical tombstone in the future? Facebook would seem particularly suited to this purpose, since it is a very personal site based around connections to people who are important in your life (at least it *can* be this).

Not AF, but Facebook or Twitter may. If they print my “best of twitter timeline” and put them as slogans around my funeral or on my tombstone ill be happy.

Autobiography, fair enough. But I wouldnt want my descendants to see my idiotic drivel for an eternity though. I’m already embarassed by what I did 20 years ago, no need to foist it on the next generation. I’m glad I don’t post stupid pictures to FB though. That could come to haunt you when you have your own kids…

I deleted my FB because I didn’t like having my life story on a web page. It isn’t fun. You meet someone “friend them” then they can back and see what you were doing in HS ? It doesn’t make sense. They should restrict access by years on FB. New Acquaintance … I’ll give you 1-2 years of my life. Old time friend you can get the old school photo album.

All I know is that a number of women will come to my funeral and spit on my coffin … so maybe the autobio is not a good idea in my case.

Inner Evil Voice Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > All I know is that a number of women will come to > my funeral and spit on my coffin … so maybe the > autobio is not a good idea in my case. Do you have naked pictures of them? I always take naked pictures just for this reason. Keeps them from mouthing off about you.

Why do you think I never badmouth IEV? I have said too much…

ChickenTikka Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > Do you have naked pictures of them? I always take > naked pictures just for this reason. Keeps them > from mouthing off about you. Suuuuuure that’s the reason. Pervert.

^ that reason too, obvi

grabs lotion n tissue …can i see some of these pics?

lxwarr30 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I deleted my FB because I didn’t like having my > life story on a web page. It isn’t fun. You meet > someone “friend them” then they can back and see > what you were doing in HS ? It doesn’t make sense. > They should restrict access by years on FB. New > Acquaintance … I’ll give you 1-2 years of my > life. Old time friend you can get the old school > photo album. Good point. Maybe Facebook should add a function for this.

lxwarr30 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I deleted my FB because I didn’t like having my > life story on a web page. It isn’t fun. You meet > someone “friend them” then they can back and see > what you were doing in HS ? It doesn’t make sense. > They should restrict access by years on FB. New > Acquaintance … I’ll give you 1-2 years of my > life. Old time friend you can get the old school > photo album. What you put on FB NEVER goes away.