Available-for-Sale Securities

What happens with unrealized gains/losses under IFRS and GAAP. Specifically, after the security is sold, what are the differences between IFRS and GAAP for Available-for-Sale securities?

they both realize the gains, net of tax

we had a dicusssion on this last week. unrealised gains/losses for AFS goes to Other Comprehensive Income for both IFRS and GAAP. after security is sold, all realized gains/losses goes to income statement; at the mean time the previous recorded unrealized g/l removed from OCI.

Sorry, I didn’t see last weeks discussion. What happens with realized/unrealized foreign exchange gains/losses for an available-for-sale securities under IFRS and GAAP?

seriously, this topic turned into a whole big thing… there’s an extremely comprehensive summary on it a page or two back, I think I started it, happy hunting. it was long and annoying, but it explained this treatment, as well as for H2M and H4T really well.

if you see arguments between myself and some cocky homo named iginla, then you found the right one.

Found it. Thanks.

magicskyfairy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > if you see arguments between myself and some cocky > homo named iginla, then you found the right one. Why the f uck are you out of closet again? Did I ask you to come out? f ucking pink fairy…lol But at least you admit that my posts helped because you are recommending it to others, lol.

Yeeeah, that was not YOUR post brah, the back and forth was helpful, and the review of that example. The only thing I recommend you for is a vasectomy

^ Why? Because you don’t like me cumming inside you? You’re waking up a sleeping giant now. Research my previous posts on this forum in the past 2 years.

Haha, “sleeping giant”, that’s gold! You remind me of comic book guy from the simpsons

You keep at it pink fairy, it’ll only take my pinky to rip you a new one.

In terms of size, that would probably be an upgrade from your c0ck anyway

Hahahahahahaaaaa, awesome! at least it satisfied you for years. What did you not like about it?

/subscribe This thread is getting sexy. Never saw this gold in the actuarial forums.

Please can someone post the link to that thread of the battle between magicskyfairy & Iginla2010? Thanks

lol

anyone’s got it pls?

http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?12,1227300,page=2

many thanks!