Average Age to qualifiy as CFA charterholder

Hi. Can someone tell me whats the average age of qualifying as CFA charterholder? Thanks

zulfiqar.halari Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hi. Can someone tell me whats the average age of > qualifying as CFA charterholder? > > Thanks 31 http://www.cfainstitute.org/aboutus/press/mediahighlights/pdf/NationalPost_June2005.pdf

I’ll have my 4 years before my 26th birthday. Something tells me I won’t be through all 3 levels by then though (actually, it would be impossible for me to be through all 3 levels).

Wow. I’m going to feel very young on June 7th if that it accurate. And likely even more young that night when I’m on the town…

Nice…I was 27…I guess I’m “above average” or in this case “below average”…ha ha ha. Willy

booo

“Nice…I was 27…I guess I’m “above average” or in this case “below average”…ha ha ha.” Good to have you back will.

Thanks Turkish, you pervert. Willy

I recieved charter at 25.

a month away from 26 when I got the letter.

received at age 22 http://cfainstitute.org/cfaprog/advantage/06nov/chr_pro.html

The thing is, what can a 22 year old CFA possibly bring to the table in terms of actual experience managing money? The experience this kid attained was boarder line quality for the Charter at best. My two cents… Willy

WillyR Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The thing is, what can a 22 year old CFA possibly > bring to the table in terms of actual experience > managing money? The experience this kid attained > was boarder line quality for the Charter at best. > My two cents… > > Willy well, facebook, Mark Zuckerberg, 23 beats your arse… age is irrelevant.

Mr. Zuckerberg is not a CFA, therefore I still beat his arse excuse me, thank-you very much and you’re welcome. Willy R

Remember the correct title is CFA… Bi tch.

WillyR Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The thing is, what can a 22 year old CFA possibly > bring to the table in terms of actual experience > managing money? The experience this kid attained > was boarder line quality for the Charter at best. > My two cents… > > Willy wow. I though I was doing good writing L3 at this age. but I’m years from getting the damn thing.

The thing about CFA - I find - is that without having experience actually using the components of CFA you don’t get that practical perspective. The good thing about the 5 year experience thing is that it weeds out people who want to “test the waters” of the finance profession or investment industry, thus [somewhat] limiting the pool to people who are fairly determined to stick with this profession over the long term. Willy

Halifax mentions his age once every five posts.

Aww… I’m gonna be 26 before I finish school… I guess no charter for me for quite some time :frowning: