Average Mock Scores

I have taken the 3 Mock Exams in Schweser and my scores improved a bit: Test1: 68% Test2: 75% Test3: 70% Anyone know what the average grade on the CFA exams to pass is usually around? About where is everyone else scoring on these things?

No one knows for a fact but people generally say that it’s somewhere between 65 - 70 … With your scores, you should be totally fine I guess My average mock exams score is end 80s (88% - 90%) - let’s hope I can get something similar on exam day with all the stress we are having on that day :slight_smile:

Omar, Your scores seem way higher than most in this forum… What is your background? Is this your first go around at this thing?

I took the Schweser Mocks (all of them), lowest score was a 79, highest was a 92. Average on the first 6 (half exams or 120 questuions) was 81.3%, on the second six 87.63 so def saw some improvement. I did find the CFAI Mocks =, expecially the ethics, to be much more difficult

Sorry let me clarify my last statement - i found the CFAI mocks to be more difficult, especially the ethics section

Got an 81.3% on the CFAI Mock. 75.8% AM, 86.7% PM. I’m kind of shocked at how good my PM score was, maybe a fluke or maybe I’m peaking at the right time. Here are all my mock scores if anyone cares: http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/9311/cfamocks.jpg I felt CFAI Ethics was slightly tougher than the Elan mocks, but not terribly so. Note that these mock scores weren’t done in sequential order. The 3-PM Elan mock was the first mock I did, and I did show mild improvement, but always hung around the low 70’s. Does anyone know why: Elan Mocks have 14 questions in the Debt, the CFAI had only 12 Elan Mocks have 4 questions in Alternatives, the CFAI has 6. I just found that a little odd.

PC79 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Omar, Your scores seem way higher than most in > this forum… What is your background? > Is this your first go around at this thing? It’s my first time doing it but I just finished my undergrad in May in Accounting and Finance and I have scored straight As in all these classes so level 1 material was all fresh in my mind - Actually if it wasn’t for ethics, I would have been very close to acing those exams … Ethics is my nightmare in this exam :slight_smile:

prophets Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Got an 81.3% on the CFAI Mock. 75.8% AM, 86.7% > PM. > > I’m kind of shocked at how good my PM score was, > maybe a fluke or maybe I’m peaking at the right > time. Your PM scores are indeed very good. I got 98 correct in AM and 84 in PM. I got just 11 correct in ethics in PM. :frowning:

High 80’s is a great score I wouldn’t worry if I were you. My lowest score was 79% but that was also on my last mock so I’m a little bit uneasy. I just keep reminding myself that the hard part is over and all I have to do come Saturday is fill in the bubbles.

wow for u guys scoring in the 80s thats amazing. i’m definetly scoring within the mid - high 70s. lowest mark was round 72% and highest was 78%. I feel prepared… but not sure if it sgood enough…

hehehe good luck to all I finally decided to go through the last 7 readings in econ for the first time - I guess it has been depressing my scores as well as making myself depressed. My uncle has a PhD in economics. I have started to respect him more than ever.

if you guys are scoring in the 80% range you would have to totally crash on the actual to not pass