B Riley

Anyone have any thoughts/opinions on this firm? They seem like a bit of a boiler room type operation…

What makes you think that? I once owned a stock and B Riley was a board member/major shareholder. I remember learning a little about his style. He seemed to be pretty clever.

It’s a bit of an exaggeration, i’ll admit, but I recently interviewed with them and was shocked at how commission based their comp plans were. TINY base salaries and bonuses with the majority of the pay being in commissions.

Ok… Depending on the job I think I’d like that kind of comp plan. Email me… I’d like to ask you some more questions about them. I’ll tell you more about my run in with them a couple years ago if you’re interested. musicslut@yahoo.com

Never heard of these guys.

I thought this was going to be a thread on Bill O’Reilly.

And to ask a related, but broader, question for the benefit of others here… What if a non-banker (i.e. consulting, industry) wanted to transition to the investing side and took the boutique i-bank route? Would a person who joined a firm like B.Riley have good job prospects afterwards (I’m talking pre-mba)? Or, is moving to a boutique i-bank seen as a bad move?