BA II PLUS Battery

How long does the battery on this thing last for?

dunno the actual estimated life, but everyone i know has had theirs for years without the battery going out. but then again, you hear experiences here of calculators dying in the middle of working out a problem.

I decided not to find out. Bought two batteries, used one and taped the other to my passport. I really did not want to make a change during the test without knowing what defaults to change, so I did it while I had time to still use it on the qbank. I have the professional, only thing to change was the decimal places, if you wanted more or less than 6. Other change most mentioned was the P/Y which remained at 1 on mine, but may default to 12 on others.

i’ve read it’s quite fiddly changing it… What d’u think?

Slide off the cover, pop it out with a pen, and put the new one in. Was not a problem. Don’t know if there is a diff b/w plus professional and the normal plus, but I doubt it. I know it is overkill, but murphy’s law and fishing offshore have taught me to never trust a battery. When I read about people taking 2 calcs with them, I decided this would be the easiest way out. $7 for the batteries at the drug store.

Batteries can last a long time. But be safe and bring an extra. For those of you using the normal BA II Plus, the BA II Plus Pro is a godsend when you encounter the discount payback period problem on the exam.

Just be sure to know which defaults to change…

gdiddy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Batteries can last a long time. But be safe and > bring an extra. > > For those of you using the normal BA II Plus, the > BA II Plus Pro is a godsend when you encounter the > discount payback period problem on the exam. and that’s the reason i got one. i’ve been using the BA II Plus for a year now and decided to get the Professional a few days ago.