Badass Department vs. Ugly Stepchild Department

i think we can all agree that the the ugly stepchild are red heads with freckles, regardless of the department they are in.

Hahahahah hilarious post.

Ocean Mist Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This is my contribution: > > Quote from justin88: > Second, knowing how to model is a small part of > getting a FO job like banking or ER. You need to > be well-rounded/polished. Some aspects are > obvious, like being socially intelligent and > writing well, but basic things like hygiene and > dressing well are important too. It’s likely that > you (obviously I’m stereotyping here), coming from > IT, need to work on many of these aspects. > > I LMAO when I read this in another thread. Hehe that is some good advice… :slight_smile: Seriously though, there’s a time and a place to be polite, like dealing with people in real life. Why act the same on an internet forum as one would in person? Decorum takes effort and is definitely not the best way to educate or effect a change in behavior/perspective. Subtlety is lost on 90% of people anyway. Also, agree 100% with bromion about the hyper-reality of high finance and how it can be a good thing. I’ve been a trader/pm for about 3 years now. I’ve become more action-oriented, social, and in particular focus more on the big picture and not fret inconsequential details or little mistakes. But that’s just my personal anecdote.