BAII Plus VS. BAII Plus Professional

Is the Professional worth any price increase over the regular plus? I understand they are basically the same functionally, but is the pro more comfortable or easier to use at all? Thanks!

I have both … differences noticed: color - plus is brown; pro is silver/black buttons - pro buttons you have to push a bit harder and they are a bit louder functions - only ones that I’ve noticed is the pro allows you to do net future values by pushing the npv button and net discount payback - plus has neither my opinion go for the pro …

last time i checked, the pro was actually cheaper (or around the same) than the regular on amazon. it’s definitely worth it to get the pro. everything is higher quality and there are couple of extra functions.

I have one of the pro and two of the regular. I have found no difference in functionality, but the pro’s battery is simple to change whereas the regular BA II plus would require a screwdriver and some patience. The odds of your battery failing during the test are minuscule, but I think the extra $10 - $15 you spend on the pro is worth mitigating that risk. As an added bonus the pro looks nicer.

The BA II PLUS™ PROFESSIONAL, created by Texas Instruments, is a popular financial calculator for business professionals and students. It allows users to take advantage of all the same time-saving financial functions that make the best-selling BA II PLUS™ so popular, plus a sleek new, professional design and new advanced functions such as Modified Internal Rate of Return (MIRR), Modified Duration, Net Future Value (NFV), Payback and Discount Payback. With Time-Value-of-Money, cash flow analysis, and advanced statistics, the BA II PLUS PROFESSIONAL is perfect for applications in finance, accounting, economics, investment, statistics, and more. http://movies.atomiclearning.com/k12/ti_ba2

I guess I might as well go for the pro, no real disadvantage

pro can calculate Discount Payback, the question came in june exam.

How about Hewlett Packard 12C (including the HP 12C Platinum). ?? I this better than BAII Plus Pro or Pro is the best for CFA exams? Cheers Sumo

Is there a decisive answer on which calculator is faster and has more functions? HP12cP vs BA II Pro?

I did speed trials of the HP12C versus the BAII Plus Pro, mainly in the speed of calculating the IRR after hitting the compute button on each respective calculator. HP12C: 0.03445 Seconds BAII Plus Professional: 0.02578 Seconds I then jumped on my moped and took the HP12C back to the store as it was not fast enough.

projectplatnyc Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I did speed trials of the HP12C versus the BAII > Plus Pro, mainly in the speed of calculating the > IRR after hitting the compute button on each > respective calculator. > > HP12C: 0.03445 Seconds > > BAII Plus Professional: 0.02578 Seconds > > I then jumped on my moped and took the HP12C back > to the store as it was not fast enough. Hahaha. I still think the HP12C is a better calculator. Totally worth it!