Bailout Poll

Since the population here is a bit specialized, I’m curious what everyone’s thoughts are on the bailout. I came up with four yes-no questions. Please chime in! 1. Do you agree with a limit on exec compensation for companies taking the bailout? (y/n) 2. Do you favor reenacting the regulations that have been removed from the financial industry over the past nine years? (y/n) 3. Do you think there should be committee/judicial oversight in Paulson’s use of the $700 billion? (y/n) 4. Should additional mortgage relief for homeowners be made part of this deal? (y/n)

1. No 2) Like what? 3) Yes 4) No F-ing way.
  1. n 2. y 3. y 4. No F-ing way.

Clarification on #2 - basically everything that was deregulated in the Financial Svcs Modernization Act of 1999. 1. N 2. Y 3. N 4. N

1. N 2. N 3. Y 4. N
  1. n 2. some 3. yes, needs oversight but if i have to see any more of congress, i will shoot myself. 4. n
  1. Y 2) Y 3) Y 4) N If there is a gain on the mbs ‘investment’ (not likely) the money should be kicked backed to the taxpayers. 700B would go a long way. How about giving $2400 to every citizen instead?

Clarification - the current Treasury plan is not a bailout Its a distressed asset acquisition plan, but not a bailout The media is unfortunatley mis-classifying the entire plan

tigercfa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Clarification - the current Treasury plan is not a > bailout > Its a distressed asset acquisition plan, but not a > bailout > The media is unfortunatley mis-classifying the > entire plan agreed. taxpayers probably end up making money on this deal.

1. Y 2) Y 3) Y 4) N
  1. Y 2) Y 3) Y 4) N

tigercfa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Clarification - the current Treasury plan is not a > bailout > Its a distressed asset acquisition plan, but not a > bailout > The media is unfortunatley mis-classifying the > entire plan lmao. Thank-you, Mr Paulson. I think getting a screen name on AF to try to sell your bogus plan is feeble and desperate.

1. Do you agree with a limit on exec compensation for companies taking the bailout? (y/n) Generally No. If gov’t wants to do that it better own relevant equity and do it in capacity of a majority shareholder on case by case basis. 2. Do you favor reenacting the regulations that have been removed from the financial industry over the past nine years? (y/n) Entire regulatory framework needs a fresh look and a complete overhaul. 3. Do you think there should be committee/judicial oversight in Paulson’s use of the $700 billion? (y/n) Yes 4. Should additional mortgage relief for homeowners be made part of this deal? (y/n) No

1 N, not market efficient, in such case, if you impose such limitation, all of the brightest current CEOs and future CEOs-to-be will move to different countries. 2. Y, i’m for stricter regulations 3. Y, definitely 4. Y - unfair for those who suffered from predatorial lending

N N Y N

Y N N Y Also, the hippies had a sweet protest down Wall St today. “DIE WALL STREET. BULL$H!T BAILOUT” was the chant…morons and agreed, it’s not a bailout, it’s an asset acquisition maneuver that could possibly turn a profit…sensationalist media

Poll results with 12 responses. Between a low sample number and my judicious interpretation of answers, you should take this with a bucket of salt. Interesting nonetheless… #____Q1___Q2___Q3___Q4 ===================== 1____N____X____Y____N 2____N____Y____N____N 3____N____Y____N____N 4____N____N____Y____N 5____N____Y____Y____N 6____Y____Y____Y____N 7____Y____Y____Y____N 8____Y____Y____Y____N 9____N____Y____Y____N 10___N____Y____Y____N 11___N____N____Y____N 12___Y____N____N____Y [% of Yes responses] 33% Do you agree with a limit on exec compensation for companies taking the bailout? 73% Do you favor reenacting the regulations that have been removed from the financial industry over the past nine years? 75% Do you think there should be committee/judicial oversight in Paulson’s use of the $700 billion? 8% Should additional mortgage relief for homeowners be made part of this deal?

1. Salaries should be pre-negociated, not capped. 2. DNK - Too many details to answer Y/N 3. Y 4. No F-ing Way! You forgot a question: Do you agree with the bailout…

1.N 2.N 3.Y 4.N