Band 10 come back

I am so pissed I fucked this exam up. I got band 10 with a lot of effort put in. I have a few questions that fellow AFers can hopefully help me with. -I remember hearing the curriculum only changes on a yearly basis, therefore I won’t need new CFAI books right? -I want to use Elan again, but also purchase Qbank. Is there a way to purchase Q bank on its own? Thanks and congrats to all those who passed

I am still thinking if I should do this again. I got a band 9. Boo hoo hoo… Care to share why you want to do it again? You won’t need the cfa book. As for qbank, from what I know, you can’t purchase seperately.

Was this your 2nd attempt at lvl1? So you’re debating about taking it for a 3rd?

No, first time taker

Are you planning to take the December 2011 exam? If yes, then the syllabus remains exactly the same, so you won’t need new CFAI books/notes etc. If you are planning to take it in June 2012, the syllabus will change. I guess, CFAI will force you to get new books from their website when you register. Getting the QBank alone from Elan is possible. They call it ‘Practice Questions’ instead of QBank. Check their website.

For those of you who didn’t pass… any ideas why? How many hours did you study and what did you use to study? Also if you have any advice for me I would appreciate it. I am getting a late start on preparing for this exam so I’m going to need to start cramming.

AnotherCFAinNYC Sorry I phrased that wrong, I am going to try to purchase qbank separately from Elan / CFAI I plan on getting Elan’s practice questions, videos, and what not again… I already have the notes from Elan

First attempt too… A bit upset and lost. Just wonder if CFA is for me.

I failed Band 7. From a non financial background. So a lot of this was quite new for me, Even though I failed, I have learned a lot. Spent lot of time , don’t know If I will be able to do this again.

invic Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am so pissed I fucked this exam up. I got band > 10 with a lot of effort put in. I have a few > questions that fellow AFers can hopefully help me > with. > > -I remember hearing the curriculum only changes on > a yearly basis, therefore I won’t need new CFAI > books right? If you sit in Dec. (which you should) > -I want to use Elan again, but also purchase > Qbank. Is there a way to purchase Q bank on its > own? Yes. > Thanks and congrats to all those who passed Don’t sweat it, monkeys fall from trees now and again. You’ll get it.

Take the test in Dec and spend more time doing questions

My all Band 10 freinds… i wish to tell you my story… well i failed with band 10 in dec 2010 and from there on decided to rip apart this exam … which i finally succeded with 70+ in all sections this time. So get up and get kickin… now the key according to me is taking exams as much as you"ll can after revision. Kaplan was good enough for me but i would sincerly recommed to read CFAI book for Derivatives and Equity as a lot stuff asked in this exam was never found in Kaplan. I am sure you guys will pass next time. All the best…

Guys I failed band 10 in Dec 2010 . which made me realise I needed to focus more on the module and spend time on practicing . This time round I passed. definitely u could …hold you head up and conquer…

Invic and Simmz don’t give up, you’re both so close. I was band 9 in Dec 10 after doing a half-ass job and starting way too late (mid-october) and I passed this time with all sections >70% apart from Quantitative Methods. I forced myself to study everyday (started in February) even if it was just reviewing for half an hour my notes. I did schwesser mostly although i learned ethics and FRA from CFAI. But I did the EOC of CFAI as well this time. Did all the mocks and the cfa mock. No qbank. If you start in September, you’ll crush it in June. As Caramel says, practice makes perfect. Good luck to you.