Band 5, Please suggest if I can make it..

Hi Affers, New to this forum, I gave my Level 1 in June '09 and this is what my result looks like… Multiple Choice Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 8 * - - - Corporate Finance 20 - * - - Derivatives 12 * - - - Economics 24 - - * - Equity Investments 24 * - - - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * - - Financial Reporting & Analysis 48 - * - - Fixed Income Investments 28 * - - - Portfolio Management 12 * - - - Quantitative Methods 28 - * - I am a Band 7. Please suggest the right and wrongs to me. I really want a suggestion on if I should pursue this further? Do I give it another try? Thanks in advance for your help Shweta

here is what u can do: score aboe 70 in FSA Ethics should be over 70 too ideally, if u have FSA, Ethics, Quant, eco and equity above 70 then u will pass and offcourse give it another try…not many pass this thing in one go and one must acknowledge that life doesnt really change much even if you are the second best…so chin up and attempt in dec and hopefully u will succeed. Best, JJB

kinda confused. the thread title says band 5, but your post says band 7? so was 6/09 your 1st or 2nd attempt? anyways, you can do it shweta. I was in a much lower band(even if you scored 5) for the 12/08 exam. I totally burned myself out with school and my own pressure to pass. my strategy for the june exam was to study the best i could and have fun with it. i spent 2 months of diligent studying without stress and actually passed. give it a try. you’re going to be amazed at how much more material you will cover and retain. Also, try doing problems for 2-3 weeks nonstop before the exam. You’d like to be burning on all cylinders come exam day.

It depends on, how many hours did u put in?.. and… whats ur back ground, if I may ask, Tech/Math/Finance/others?..

shwetasachani Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hi Affers, > > New to this forum, I gave my Level 1 in June '09 > and this is what my result looks like… > > Multiple Choice Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% > >70% > - Alternative Investments 8 * - - This is very easy stuff and question comes directly from CFAI book or similar, don’t lose marks here. > - Corporate Finance 20 - * - No advice, only advice is read more. > - Derivatives 12 * - - It’s a bit challenging but don’t worry do some practice so you won’t miss easy questions, even the easy ones will take you above 50, to tell you frankly, understand the concepts and you’ll have it 100 percent. > - Economics 24 - - * Great :slight_smile: ! > - Equity Investments 24 * - - Again this is very easy stuff, this time make sure you practice from schweser Q-Bank, Equities section you’ll find is like cutting a cake. > - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * - No advice ! > - Financial Reporting & Analysis 48 - * - Give more time here, this is the jackpot and it’s not very difficult to nail this section, my advice on note taking may be very helpful, here’s the link http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?11,1036385 > - Fixed Income Investments 28 * - - well, this is ‘little bit’ challenging plus lot of mugging up. So give it more time and land on 50-70 > - Portfolio Management 12 * - - This must not happen, it’s the easiest section of exam, you can’t afford to loose marks here. > - Quantitative Methods 28 - * - You are an Indian, it’s blasphemy to score in 50-70 in Quant (just joking, i’m indian too). . Well, you can easily push it to 100, just focus on understanding the concepts, there are very few concepts in ton of crap in CFAI book on Quant. Hope that’s helpful, Best of Luck !

Thanks Jarvey, Sorry for the confusion. I am a band 5 not 7. That was a typo in my message.