Bannon on NSC

The amount of fear mongering is insane, youre willfully allowing yourself to be taken over and soon you will allow McCarthyism to return under the Trump administration “becuz he iz keepin us safe!!!1!”

Lol not sure who is more sensationalist, the fear mongering conservatives of Islamists or the fear mongering liberals of the Gubment. A wise little green man once said “Fear is the path to the dark side.”

whoa

http://gothamist.com/2017/01/31/yemen_raid_trump_fatal.php

Turd give us the troof.

#freeCvM

as qualified as anyone IMO… more than any clown Hillary would have placed

Hardly more qualified than the chairman of the JCSC and director of intel, but sure keep your head in the sand. GWB & BO kept Rove & Axelrod away from these meetings to make sure they werent seen as political. Trump just made them 100% political.

^ We’re going to have to agree to agree on this particular point.

Axelrod and Rove were kept out of NSC because GW and BO were concerned about being politically correct. Trump’s not. You are kidding yourself if you think national security and politics should be kept independent and seperated.

The decision to drone strike some tent in Pakistan has nothing to do with “national security” in the sense that some idiot on a camel with a rocket launcher poses an imminent threat to the United States. But that what the conversation is most of the time in 2017. Id argue political strategy SHOULD be a part of the national security conversation in todays environment and the threats of 2017…

I’m sure the decision to invade Iraq was as “serious and high level” as it gets back in 2003 but in hindsight who will argue that it wasn’t a POLITICAL disaster… having someone in the room to offer a grounded opinion on the political repercussions of “national security” decisions is important and ok with me.

All the threats and decisions the NSC is involved with are political. Hillary wanted a No-Fly Zone in Syria and Trump (rightfully) considers that idea stupid… The NSC discussion regarding this topic is political and Trump needs a strategist in there. If the threat facing the US today were tanks and u-boats invading our shores than yes… “battlefield strategy” would be important but that’s not what the NSC is today.

Drone strike inside a nuclear power’s sovereign territory has “nothing to do” with national security. Got it.

Also, the Iraq war was political. Many senior military and intelligence officials opposed it, as difficult as that was in flag waving environment following 9/11. I did what I could (in college) and marched against it. That was the only protest in which I’ve ever participated. Everyone knew the intel was bad. The case was so poor. The administration pushed it through.

^ they do it all the time… my point is that its as political as it gets so have a politics guy in there

^^^ Disagree. As much as I disapprove of Obama’s time in the WH, I don’t think the go/no go decision on the OBL raid was based on how it would look politically. I give him the benefit of the doubt to believe that he didn’t put the lives of US soldiers at risk to get himself re-elected. He did it to take out someone who needed to be taken out.

^ i doubt it would have gone any differently if Axelrod/ Rove/ Bannon (anyone else) was in that room. people love to bring up that raid but that one in particular doest have as much political implications compared to long term strategic actions/decisions

setting up a no-fly zone in Syria would be covered by the NSC and the decision is political. depending on who is in that room you get a different outcome. It comes down to not being a big deal for me if someone in the room is thinking about politics

If Axelrod were in the room, he might have talked Obama out of it. Can you imagine the political implications if the raid had failed and several SEALs died? We’d almost certainly be in Romney’s 2nd term. It obviously turned out the other way, but the politically wise thing would have been to do nothing.

god i wish more administrations followed this philosophy on all fronts.

Servicemen die all the time (unfortunately) even one this past weekend… if the Bin Laden raid failed they would have spun it as another battlefield casualty and you would never have heard bout it as the raid.

Everyone loves to spin that raid as this big moment and big decision… even Hillary claims she played “an important role” LMAO… Bo was told they had a chance to Bin L and went for it… no need to make it dramatic

With DJT’s flair for pageantry I can only imagine youll see plenty of blown up stuff as well. All politicians like to act like they do all this work, they sit around and talk.