Batteries

I am pretty sure that Schweser did not cover this one, so I will attempt to phrase my question in multiple choice form so that everyone can stay in pretest mode: How do you change the batteries on a TI BA II Plus: A) You dont. You have to buy a new one. This is TIs way of ensuring sustainable growth B) Unscrew the back and take the thing apart C) Venture out from you hole and hold the calculator under the sun for a few hours D) This may be a violation of the CFA Code of Ethics / Standards depending on how you interpret the behavior. Thanks for any help

I agree with ^ A) You dont. You have to buy a new one. This is TIs way of ensuring sustainable growth I tried changing the battery in my TI… got the 4 screws off, could not slide open the back cover… just gave up and got a brand new calci…

E) Get a pro version. it is easy for changing battery…

I have the TI BA II plus professional. You dont have to unscrew anything at the back. In fact, there arent any screws to unscrew. You just undo the cap and replace the battery. Maybe thats why this version is called the “professional”?

is it stupid to show up without extra batteries? what are the chances your calculator dies mid-test? you’d think for the $800 exam fee they could have some loaners lying around