Battle of the Sexes?

Not to create drama (but let’s have some fun here) I wanted to stir up the age old question: who is the better sex. Albeit, a novel could be written delineating arguments for each side, I wanted to present a few bullet points on mere observations as to why the male species is truly the superior sex

• Work – my department is saturated with a dominate presence of males vs females. Stats will show that within the lucrative fields, males dominate and since money is the equalizer of arguments, I will give the male sex +1

• Gym – I belong to a upper scale gym that has an equal ratio of M:F (this ratio has shifting in favor of females thanks to NYR). Although the ratio is fairly similar, the sex working harder is definitely in favor of the male sex. Females will use the elliptical, walk on the treadmill ect where as males pursue greater achievements through rigid weightlifting programs. Again, +1 M

• Hobbies – Finally, a general observation on hobbies. Although males tend to watch sports, drink beers, ect, the vast majority of them use spare time to better oneself (i.e CFA, real estate, workout, read factual data ect) conversely though women do better themselves at times, a lot of them tend to waste their spare time watching reality tv like Real Housewives or anything on MTV

This post is not intended to create an outrage, even though some entertainment is encouraged during this boring workday of mine, it is instead to motivate the other sex to cultivate their full potential. I see so many females who possess the aptitude to procure greatness, instead monopolize their time watching TV. Additionally, I see many potential 8+s on the female grading scale, not live up to their true potential, instead falling into a state of complacency by going through the motions on the treadmill while reading celebrity gossip.

Somehow I feel you’ve left out some additional stereotypes and gross generalizations that can be used to inflame people…

Tink you need a ‘No Homo’ at the end of your statement.

I read People on the elliptical in the gym at work.

What’s the orgin of the “No Homo” disclaimer?

I heard it when I watched “Blue Valentine” the other day (gay movie BTW)

^ Kayne and Lil Wayne drop it in a few songs. Not sure where it came from prior to that.

This is funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBkYdUgl3-M

According to Google it originated in East Harlem in the early '90’s.

It got wide spread use (i.e. white people were introduced to it) after NFL players started saying it every week in 2008.

I think this thread is the weirdest coming out of the closet I’ve seen.

Women win in the most important category: rack. As long as you have a nice one, there is no need to reach your potential. You can if you want, but it is not required.

Opie & Anthony used it before 2008. White people love(d) O&A.

+1000

Your perspective is a limited one my friend. Of course, you probably wouldn’t be making retarded threads like this one if it wasn’t.

There is probably some validity in that comment - thanks for the boring pc response…

There’s a school of thought that women are the more reasonable and therefore are better suited for male dominated fields like politics and finance. Male egos and their insecurities about their penis sizes lead to financial collapses and wars.

Well there are studies that claim that the average female is better than the average male when it comes to trading. Most men take more risk than is required.

eat a dick goof.

feel better?

I thought of this while reading the OP. RIP Hitchens

Why Women Aren’t Funny: http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2007/01/hitchens200701

All right—try it the other way (as the bishop said to the barmaid). Why are men, taken on average and as a whole, funnier than women? Well, for one thing, they had damn well better be. The chief task in life that a man has to perform is that of impressing the opposite sex, and Mother Nature (as we laughingly call her) is not so kind to men. In fact, she equips many fellows with very little armament for the struggle. An average man has just one, outside chance: he had better be able to make the lady laugh. Making them laugh has been one of the crucial preoccupations of my life. If you can stimulate her to laughter—I am talking about that real, out-loud, head-back, mouth-open-to-expose-the-full-horseshoe-of-lovely-teeth, involuntary, full, and deep-throated mirth; the kind that is accompanied by a shocked surprise and a slight (no, make that a loud) peal of delight—well, then, you have at least caused her to loosen up and to change her expression. I shall not elaborate further.

Women have no corresponding need to appeal to men in this way. They already appeal to men, if you catch my drift. Indeed, we now have all the joy of a scientific study, which illuminates the difference. At the Stanford University School of Medicine (a place, as it happens, where I once underwent an absolutely hilarious procedure with a sigmoidoscope), the grim-faced researchers showed 10 men and 10 women a sample of 70 black-and-white cartoons and got them to rate the gags on a “funniness scale.” To annex for a moment the fall-about language of the report as it was summarized in Biotech Week:

The researchers found that men and women share much of the same humor-response system; both use to a similar degree the part of the brain responsible for semantic knowledge and juxtaposition and the part involved in language processing. But they also found that some brain regions were activated more in women. These included the left prefrontal cortex, suggesting a greater emphasis on language and executive processing in women, and the nucleus accumbens … which is part of the mesolimbic reward center.

^ Blah. Articles like this remind me just how desparate and ingratiated some guys are in the dating realm.

No - sorry, I am still left feeling unsatisfied… To quote a Seinfeld reference “You’re getting the tap on the shoulder”