Being an Advisor questions??

I have the possibility to move into an advisor role with2 firms in scandinavia. So I want to know is it all its cracked up to be. And after doing this for a few years (I know its a long term thing normally, but cant see myself doing it forever), what are the career options after this. One firm would be being a personal client advisor to an existing portfolio. I assume for the second firm it would mean going out and getting my own clients (not to sure). Anyway, is it a good lifestlye, good job, etc?? THanks

can you read a Norwegian/Swedish/Danish phone book? You’re young, single, no ties - get over there and give either a go, then look around and see what’s next…don’t over-analize it…have fun!

null&nuller Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > can you read a Norwegian/Swedish/Danish phone > book? > You’re young, single, no ties - get over there and > give either a go, then look around and see what’s > next…don’t over-analize it…have fun! Add Holland and Northern Germany on the list and you have probably most of the places with the hottest, tallest women on Earth.

to bad he’s not single!!

Yep but she’s one of these swedish babes! Got the two year itch though. I can look but not touch!!! Anyway, I don’t like calling randoms in the phonebook to get clients, sounds like a crap way to gain clients, and with a low low low success rate.

Seems like I would have to obtain my clients, which they claim they will give me with the full resources available to do so. Whats it like trying to get clients, to me this would be extremely difficult as any sales position in my mind is ???

You can make a ton of $$$ doing this however, it is tough for some to make it. It is like running your own business. In your first 3 to 5 years you are just trying to stay a float. If you can hang in there for that long I can’t think of many jobs that offer that kind of compensation for the hours worked. You will have to bring in all of your own accounts but net working with COI is important to find a good referal source. You are dealing with people, generally, that know little about finanace and can be very emotional. At the end of the day it is more a “sales” or “asset gathering” roll, then it is a financial advisory roll. You will be too busy building your AUM to spend any meaningful time worrying stock specific issues. Most firms hire people to follow that stuff for you., most advisors outsource the asset management to professionals. I would say if asset management is your passion you may want to reconsider. All in all the fact that it is your own business is appealing because you can sell your book when you reitre, you can take a lot of time off, and still earn a pile of money.

Yeh I think what I’ll do is look around to see if I can find something more stable and near as enjoyable, and if I can’t find that I think the advisor opportunity will likely still be open. Thanks for the great advice Kid-A are you involved in this lione of work?