benefit of CFAI readings

I read the roll yiled part 5 times in stalla reading but couldnt understand the logic. then I checked the CFAI books. it took me once to understand. only difference was 2 additional sentences in the CFAI reading, they tied up the ends.

Roll yield return is still a mistery to me. Backwardation meaning automatic profit by simple buy and hold. I cannot beleive that life can be that simple. However, my question to you is are you in Turkey? If you are how is the job market? Will CFA be of any help in lending a job? (I am a Turkish citizen, so that part is not an issue)

Hiya Turkiya Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Roll yield return is still a mistery to me. > > Backwardation meaning automatic profit by simple > buy and hold. I cannot beleive that life can be > that simple. This has been discussed before. Please do a search. - sticky

Thanks Sticky. I know it has been discussed. And I could not understand at that time and now it is too late to try. That part I was just venting. The purpose was the second part.

I live in the US now but I heard that CFA is pretty much recognized in turkey by serious firms. However, i dont think that there would be many cfa charterholders in turkey, so I dont know if it would give you an edge or not. But what I would certainly do is to contact those charterholders (who must be at high levels) somehow and try to get some networking. having gone thru the same ordeal should definately create some symphty since there arent many ppl.