Benefit sitting for the exam?

I signed up for level II this past year but decided against taking it for personal reasons and hopefully will take it next year. Having said that, is there any benefit sitting for the exam? Will it cost me the same next year or more if I don’t sit for it? thanks all

The benefit is you have some non-zero probability of passing just by guessing

^^^ this. Your chance of passing is exactly 0.00% if you do not show up.

Also, the benefit of knowing what the exam will feel like.

artvandalay Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The benefit is you have some non-zero probability > of passing just by guessing Actually his probability of passing (Assuming 50% of the questions correct is enough to pass) by just guessing is about zero (5.564*10^-58).

You will get to see how the vignettes are structured. That is about it.

you make those of us wh studied look better.

mo34 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > artvandalay Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > The benefit is you have some non-zero > probability > > of passing just by guessing > > > Actually his probability of passing (Assuming 50% > of the questions correct is enough to pass) by > just guessing is about zero (5.564*10^-58). Thanks for opening a big can of “d’uh”

artvandalay Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mo34 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > artvandalay Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > The benefit is you have some non-zero > > probability > > > of passing just by guessing > > > > > > Actually his probability of passing (Assuming > 50% > > of the questions correct is enough to pass) by > > just guessing is about zero (5.564*10^-58). > > > Thanks for opening a big can of “d’uh” haha . .well you said “non-zero” as if he had a chance of doing it. Didn’t want him to get his hopes up. Seriously, if I was in his shoes I would not go, it’s emotionally hard to sit there and feel like s**t for 6 hours.

jcole21 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > you make those of us wh studied look better. This is probably the only real (although insignificant) benefit of sitting for L2 when you are not prepared. You count toward the curve if you show for both sessions. You don’t count for the curve if you don’t show at all or don’t come back for the PM session. Unless you are a bigtime altruist though, I suggest you do something more fun with your time. You could probably do something far more altruistic with the time as well.

For me the benefit is reimbursement of the exam fee by the employer. Passing exam is not the condition, but showing up is.

May as well come. It’ll help for next year