Bernanke 2010

Is there a good chance that he’ll be reappointed? Or does Larry Summers have a bigger chance?

Jeff Macke has a better chance

JDV has a better chance.

Doest matter. Fed has been rendered useless. Monetary policy makes no impact when you are swimming in cash.

What is your opinion of Bernanke?

I’m trying to understand the fed and its actions better. I’m reading Inside the Fed, Ben Bernanke’s Fed, and Bernanke’s Test.

Bernanke has limited influence. He took reign at a time when things were going to go beyond monetary policy. Greenspan was in charge for a long time - long enough for economics to do its thing. Bernanke is just a face in my opinion. His intentions and plans make are irrelevant.

Do you have a positive impression on Greenspan? I’m trying to get a logical basis on the Fed and be able to comprehend their actions more. There’s been a lot of anti-Greenspan material, and I’d like to read a book about Greenspan that includes his recent failures as well (rather than a glowing account or scapegoat one like “Greenspan’s bubbles”)

nocareer Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Do you have a positive impression on Greenspan? > > I’m trying to get a logical basis on the Fed and > be able to comprehend their actions more. There’s > been a lot of anti-Greenspan material, and I’d > like to read a book about Greenspan that includes > his recent failures as well (rather than a glowing > account or scapegoat one like “Greenspan’s > bubbles”) Do I have a positive impression on Greenspan? I would say yes. He called my boss to say he has a very high opinion of me. Have you read the Greenspan book? Its in paperback now. Also, what you need to read is how monetary and fiscal policies impact economics and then decide whether either will be relevant for the next few years to come. Interest rates are all time low. They cant go negative, can they? I am a bit rusty on my details.