Best Bang per Buck for Level II?

Which group would you recommend, out of experience/insight, to have the best bang per buck for LII study packages? I used Schweser for level I and it was pretty good, but wanted to see if there was a better play for LII. Unfotunately, I don’t work at a firm that backs up my study purchases with a ‘blank check’ so I’m looking for the best value play… Would appreciate any good advice. Thanks.

You’re going to put a lot of time and energy into this exam, so don’t skimp on study materials. It saves a lot of money if you make sure you pass the first time.

I agree, dont skimp on materials or time. I overestimated my ability to pass with little cost and less time then needed. And here I am again.

The Schweser online exams that are available around April are by far the best bang for the buck. I studied them extensively for L1 and passed with flying colors. The questions on those exams match the questions on the actual exam far better than those in the Schweser Pro software. I instead focused on the Schweser online videos for L2. As I’m posting in the L2 forum, you can see how that turned out. The video CDs from Schweser are pretty good (I used them for L1).

read CFAI and Schweser. I did, and it was a great decision in retrospect

Hey CFA_Halifax, did you go to school in Hali?

A lot of good food for thought. I know this may be a stupid question, but what’s CFAI? Is this level I reading material?

I really hope that you are joking.

It is CFA Institute. Most commonly used to differentiate between materials from the institute vs Schweser, Stalla, etc.