Best books on selling techniques

Good morning all,

can anyone recommend a good book of selling techniques? There are so many out there that I don;t know where to start…

I work in private banking, FYI

Thanks!

Sales person here: Can you be more specific on what you’re looking for? For example, is it prospecting or building/maintaining client relationships? There are a ton of books out there and, in my humble opinion, they all suck.

It really depends on where you’re at in your practice. Are you just starting out, or are you looking to take your practice to the next level.

Mullen has a decent book (I’ve seen him speak about a dozen times and advisors love him) so you could check it out:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Million-Dollar-Financial-Advisor-Strategies/dp/0814414729/ref=pd_bxgy_14_img_z

The problem is, 99% of people that read this stuff don’t actually follow through on it. If I were you, I’d concentrate on one area you want to improve and use the next 60-90 days to implement changes. Don’t take on too much at once or you’ll get overwhelmed.

Anyway, kind of all over the place there. Feel free to PM me if you want to dive into the details.

Back in my sales day, the best salesman I worked with lent me The Sales Bible and Little Red Book of Selling by Gitomer and I thought they were pretty good. Check him out on youtube to see if you like his style before you buy.

Also, How to Win Friends and Influence People by Carnegie is a book I think of as a sales book if you think about it right.

How to win frieds is a sh[unworth]y book.

Focus on building your confidence,increasing self esteem and happiness.Then and only then go dig deep into HBS negotiation material.Some books to read while on HBS material would be

• Influence(cialdini)
  • Getting to yes
  • bargaining with the devil
  • some of leil lowndes (i am not sure of my spelling)

Only focus on reading the selling material once you get compliments from others on how happy and confident you are as a person,nobody buys from a a sad or giving bad vibes no matter how many techniques you know

little red book of sales was not worth the read. waste of my time.

how to win friends and influence people was well worth the read and i might read it again pretty soon

[video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kZg_ALxEz0]

Thank you all for your comments and feedback

I’ll take a look at your suggestions…

wolf of wallstreet

The Language of Trust

I read a good portion of Stephan Shiffman’s book “Sales Essentials.” I am not good at sales, and never have been, but this book did help. I liked how once you’ve presented the product and addressed concerns, he recommends closing with “Well, what do you think?” What’s nice about this approach is that if they are ready to buy, they will bite, but if they aren’t they’re likely to raise a concern that you can then address.

I also liked the book “Bargaining for Advantage: Negotiation strategies for reasonable people.” This book is more about negotiation than sales, but there’s a lot of overlap.