Best time to start level 2.

Failed level 2 last year and was thinking of writing it again. Just wondering when most candidates who are writing it again would start. Thinking about October 1 but that may be too earlier. Also plan to try IFT and konveity as my prep providers. Need a plan as I am older and have 3 kids so busy. Really want to pass this program as a personal goal. Already am a CMA and CPA in Canada…Any advice is appreciated…

I am a fellow candidate appearing as my first attempt. But I passed Level 1 in my second attempt. If I may, I would like to say there is no perfect timing and because you have a family and obviously a job so the earlier you start the better it is because we tend to have retention issues. The more the practice, the greater the chances are of passing (I can tell you!) Start now, Revise as many times as you can with your practice sessions.

Don’t doubt yourself. You can do this ! All the very best…

i failed this past June exam and already started prepping again. Some may say it’s too early, but I had gaps in my preparation which I’m trying to fill in with simply reading some of the material again and developing a comfort level with it, especially areas where I was weak based upon the results.

Without going all out, my philosophy is to work on the gaps I know I had this past year before the Kaplan early start class begins on October 14. I need the structure, the syllabus which the live class requires.

While I did not pass, I will say that I knocked Ethics out of the partk. I think that has to do with the tactic I used to stay on top of it, which I also began again on September 1. While my wife and I are having coffee I don’t look at my phone. I spend 15 or 20 minutes reading Ethics. It’s not a lot of time but over the course of several months it adds up and the bulk of that material is vinette style anyway so you can maybe read one between the kids grabbing at you.

I don’t have experience with either providers but hope they work out for you. I’m older as well but my kids are grown and having a family makes it definitely a challenge.

Maybe identifying your gaps and just reading that selected material over the next few months would be a good way to get back into the swing of it and not take too much time from the family? Then when it gets to be serious next year, you’ll have to spend less time getting back into the swing of things, you know?

The best time to start is always yesterday.

The next best time to start is today.

1 Like

:+1:

If this were last year at this time, I wouldn’t have agreed with you. But looking back, while I had the material in October of last year also, I opted to hold off until January. That didn’t work out so well for me. Whereas others may not have needed the additional time, turns out for Level 2 I did…it took a bit longer for some of the concepts to sink in. Looking back I wish I had started earlier and that would have stacked the cards more in my favour. I ain’t making that same mistake again :slight_smile:

Start of early with your preparation and aim on getting the exams done on the very next testing window.