best way to give sponsors a kick in the a$$?

I’ve been patiently waiting for my sponsors to fill out their forms for about 3 weeks now. My patience is running out. How can I politely tell them to get a move on without offending? Anyone else run into this?

One of my sponsors was not a member and had trouble setting up a login. after a few weeks, I called CFAI, they emailed me a paper form and I had him fill that out. Took him about 2 minutes. After it was faxed, it showed up online within a few days. (I was told by CFAI that a paper form can take 1-2 weeks to update, but it does work).

ask them if they had problems opening the link? You could also have a look at the questions they have to answer and give some suggested copy paste-able responses.

^how do i check out the questions they’ll be asked?

so if i am not mistaken , a sponsor can be a non member???

you can download the old form to see what they’ll be asked somewhere during the application procedure. I think the most important thing they have to do is to tick a box saying you spend the majority of your time on either valuation, portfolio management or both.

DNAdiver Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > you can download the old form to see what they’ll > be asked somewhere during the application > procedure. I think the most important thing they > have to do is to tick a box saying you spend the > majority of your time on either valuation, > portfolio management or both. This is not on the form to my knowledge, but I have only seen the paper (word doc) version and not the online form.

Lower your center of gravity, extend your foot and hit with the “laces”. If you are going to do it, don’t go off half-cocked…really let em have it. Good luck.

^i was thinking more along the lines of a toe ball, but then something might get lodged. plus with laces you might score some collateral damage. laces it is…

"You are required to spend at least 50 percent of your time in qualifying activities to accrue your required professional work experience. Summer, part-time, and internship positions do not qualify. Managing your own investments does not qualify. Qualifying activities include being: Directly involved in the investment decision-making process or Engaged in responsibilities and/or producing a work product that informs or adds value to that process " There was a question on this on, at least, one of my sponsor’s on-line forms… I was asked to review it before it was submitted.

I push my supervisor every second day At the end, I have to sit down and help her to get in her account. I also showed her what i have written on the experience description.

One of my sponsors filled out the form within 10 mins of my emailing the link to him. The other one hasn’t responded back…ugh. It’s only been a few days but I’m getting anxious since I know there is a long queue of membership apps these days since results were just released. CFAI just sent this email out to me: Now that you have passed Level III of the CFA exams, you must become a regular member of CFA Institute to earn your CFA charter. Our records indicate that you have not started the membership application process yet. Review the requirements for regular membership and apply now. Guess I should at least give it a week before I pester him about it. But I think it only takes a few mins to fill out, right?

i got that email today too. my supervisor finally submitted. i’m on my second sponsor, never heard back from the 1st one. sh!t show.

I sent link to two sponsor a week ago. Still waiting.

itfaster Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I sent link to two sponsor a week ago. Still > waiting. I feel your pain, man. I just wanna go to my sponsor’s office and say, “C’mon! Please fill it out now because it only takes 5-10 mins, at most!” I think I’ll wait a few more days just so I don’t seem selfish and rude…

dongjohnson Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > itfaster Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I sent link to two sponsor a week ago. Still > > waiting. > > > I feel your pain, man. I just wanna go to my > sponsor’s office and say, “C’mon! Please fill it > out now because it only takes 5-10 mins, at most!” > I think I’ll wait a few more days just so I don’t > seem selfish and rude… Well that is what I did with my boss and our PM…harrased them everyday…then went to their office and stood there while they filled out the form…NOW I failed L3…and they probably think “what was his hurry, he had another year”…

Just ask them politely: “I wonder if you’ve had time to look at my CFA sponsorship form.” They’re not going to be mad at you for asking. If it’s been this long, chances are they just forgot and would appreciate the reminder. Imagine if you become a sponsor one day. I don’t think that you would just rip on some guy who reminded you about the form after three weeks.

My boss filled out his, but my other sponsor has been dragging for two weeks and hasn’t responded to my emails. Would it be safe to just move on to somebody else? What happens if someone submits a sponsorship form after two sponsors have already submitted? I am assuming nothing, right?