Best/Worst Interview Experience

One of the funniest I ever heard of was when a guy interviewing for an FA position at a Smith Barney branch out in west bumblefeck actually used the word “fiddy” instead of fifty. He got called back for a follow-up group meeting, and the entire 2nd interview was spent with the branch managers and senior FA’s trying to ruse him into saying “fiddy” as many times as possible.

hilarious!

That’s hilarious - sadly though, in 10 years, people like that will be among the best available candidates. Kids these days…

L3 Buckaroo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > That’s hilarious - sadly though, in 10 years, > people like that will be among the best available > candidates. Kids these days… It is expected that by 2016, something like 30% of the workforce will retire. That is only 8 years away!!!, so lets get those credentials now so we’re ready to fill those top spots!

What is the point of FAs? A waste of life form…

I just did an interview. 10 seconds in, I was asked what my best short idea was. nice

I interviewed college students for internships in my last job…I don’t even remember what the question was that I asked one girl, but somehow she started talking about how her grandmother had died the week before. She started sobbing uncontrollably. Crying in general, makes me uncomfortable, so I quickly ended the interview.

I laughed so hard in that movie Step Brothers with Will Ferrell during that interview scene when both brothers showed up together for the interview and were wearing tuxedos hahaha

Yikes! When I was leaving my undergrad internship I had to do the phone interviews for my replacement, one girl was obviously driving while talking to me, it was pretty awkward because I knew she wasn’t paying attention. Needless to say she didn’t get called back. steph96 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I interviewed college students for internships in > my last job…I don’t even remember what the > question was that I asked one girl, but somehow > she started talking about how her grandmother had > died the week before. She started sobbing > uncontrollably. > > Crying in general, makes me uncomfortable, so I > quickly ended the interview.

I interviewed somebody a few years ago for a trading position and the guy saw a picture in my office that had my two black labs in it. He said he loved labs & has one himself (probably BS but that’s ok). He asked me where I got them & I told him the name of kennel which was “All B’s”. I went on to explain that the B in the name is because they are all brown. That meant that the last name of the breeders is Brown, but he thought I meant brown as in hispanic but didn’t want to call me a racist so he just sat there with his eyes wide open. I told him a little more about the breeders and he finally got what I meant. We had a good laugh about that.

I will always remember my terrible, terrible interview at an i-bank for an analyst position on a super sunday when some lame associate asked me why I had put that I am a licensed pilot on my resume. He went into a sarcastic line of questioning if I thought that would help me and if I expected to take clients for flights for fun…I was so mad I wanted to pick up the chair I was in and smash his head in.

lighten up, francis. perhaps you should add “temper” to the hobby section as well

joekinde Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > lighten up, francis. perhaps you should add > “temper” to the hobby section as well Francis? lol I would agree with the other points but I’ve never been called francis before.

ca-cbv-cfa, cf Stripes with Bill Murray

Onegin Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ca-cbv-cfa, cf Stripes with Bill Murray Germans Bomb Pearl Harbor It is one of those message board quotes that people never get and either get insulted or in the above case…Try to correct you.