Better prepared, more nervous

I know this has been touched on before, but isn’t it odd how many of us genuinely feel more prepared for this exam than in previous years, yet we are more nervous and unsure than prior years? Honestly, i remember feeling calm and pretty happy before LII, even though I was far less prepared.

well, i think only the level of preparedness matters at this point.

Way more at risk. Also the subjectivity of the morning session. A couple of wrong moves and you will be back on the forum again next year.

yeah. a lot on the line. not just for me, but my whole family. it decides whether i’m the “studying for the cfa” guy for another year… i don’t want to be that guy again.

Yes! You nailed it. I can’t be that guy anymore. At least you get some gay love action when you study.

then, maybe the questions is: since we can’t change the level of preparedness at this hour, do you perform better when you are confident or when you are nervous?

how did that thread turn into the gay love action for me thread?

I cant do this another year, so yeah I’m pretty nervous. I think I’ll rip a 5-hour energy before the test, for some reason that always calms the nerves. Plus, for whatever reason, reading JoeyD’s posts on grading helped to calm me down a lot - makes you feel like they are not out to get you

Exact same. For LI and LII I never had trouble sleeping the days up to and including hte night before the exam. The last two nights have taken me longer than normal to fall asleep because I keep running things over in my head. And like cfasf1 said, we all have a lot on the line for this one. We are ready to be done with the CFA.

cfasf1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > how did that thread turn into the gay love action > for me thread? I don’t know, but I must thank you for providing that bit of fodder for the AF community. Just what the Dr. ordered.

i felt better prepared for the first 2 levels, but i think i feel more confident going into it for l3. (does that make any sense?)

budfox427 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i felt better prepared for the first 2 levels, but > i think i feel more confident going into it for > l3. (does that make any sense?) I hear you. I feel the same way.