Big 7: Which order should you take these? CFA, FRM, CFP, CMT, CQF, CHfC, CAIA

I heard that in India the more designations you have the more respected you are in the financial industry…any truth to that?

100% lol

There’s a difference between worthless and participating in a high opportunity cost activity. Hundreds of hours isn’t something to sneeze about.

FRM+CFA+CPA/ACCA/CA is enough if you want to learn 99% of accounts&Finance.

You just equated a series 7 to a CFP? LMAO

CQF does not get the praise it deserves. Sure it’s expensive, but you basically pay the entry fee for a very exclusive club that offers life-long learning programs vy the industry best. As a matter of continuing education, gaining direct acess to top academics and high profile networking it’s a bargain really, granted your aspire to be a quant. The ordinary analyst probably will not recover the cost.

Agree.

Hes not wrong, cfp is a joke. Of that huge list, the only ones worth having are cfa and a good mba. 95% of employers will not know what the other 6 acronyms stand for. Unless youre making a lateral move as an advisor, cfp wont mean crap. There is a sweet spot on the alphabet soup spectrum between prestigous and over compensating. Heres a real question: what do you think of ppl who put MBA after their name on emails, business cards, linkedin? One of my friends does that and he doesnt get why i find it incredibily tacky.

Douche.

It’s becoming an epidemic.

Says the person who hasnt left the bullpen yet

Yeah uh huh…so you stopped after arduous trek thus justify settling…is that about ryte;

Says the charterholder (btw i amas well;)…who prolly doesnt interact with HNW public directly and close means ‘the last book’ versus 7 figure accounts

I run a hedge fund and am a CFA charterholder. I passed lvl I and II around 2002/2003 and simply did not need it. What convinced me to have a go at lvl 3 (june 2021) is that with it I can be the CEO of a regulated entity. I am 42 and actually discovered that I love studying so passed the lvl 2 CMT exam in june 2022 and will pass lvl 3 in december 2023 (having loads of experience and knowledge probably helps with not having to study so heavily). I can really say that the material in CMT is what is missing in the knowledge of most asset managers and financial advisors. Do not take any of those to land a job but to learn… maybe I will do the CAIA as well (not much new for me in the curiculum and I would not put anything next to my name besides possibly CFA and CMT, ever).