Big Four Advisory

After some rumination long ago I decided that instead of going into finance directly I should pursue a Chartered Accountant designation because of the exit opportunities and non-finance career opportunities that such a designation would afford me. After an unsuccessful round of recruting last September I decided that I needed to up my A game. Currently I am doing the undergrad accounting prerequisites I need inorder to enter the CA program at night while I work and study for level 2. I realize that KPMG has a new rotational program that reflects the new work experience requirements for the CA program. It is an audit/advisory rotational program which would give me exposure to alot of what I enjoy about the CFA program. What I would like to know is the type of work that is done at advisory in a big accounting firm, is it strictly corporate finance and due dilligence work. The reason I am asking is because in the summer before September and after writing level 2, I want to put together a valuation model to help sweeten up my appliction. This is because I know that no matter how hard I focus or work I will not be able to exceed 75% average for my undergraduate courses (I hate university). Does anyone have an idea of the type of company I should pick, I wanted to make up a SWOT analysis with a valuation model for a closely held company but since they don’t have public information I can’t easily pull data. How about a mid market cap REIT, anyone got any names/ideas? Any advice would be appreciated.

SeanC Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > After some rumination long ago I decided that > instead of going into finance directly I should > pursue a Chartered Accountant designation because > of the exit opportunities and non-finance career > opportunities that such a designation would afford > me. After an unsuccessful round of recruting last > September I decided that I needed to up my A game. > Currently I am doing the undergrad accounting > prerequisites I need inorder to enter the CA > program at night while I work and study for level > 2. > > I realize that KPMG has a new rotational program > that reflects the new work experience requirements > for the CA program. It is an audit/advisory > rotational program which would give me exposure to > alot of what I enjoy about the CFA program. What > I would like to know is the type of work that is > done at advisory in a big accounting firm, is it > strictly corporate finance and due dilligence > work. The reason I am asking is because in the > summer before September and after writing level 2, > I want to put together a valuation model to help > sweeten up my appliction. This is because I know > that no matter how hard I focus or work I will not > be able to exceed 75% average for my undergraduate > courses (I hate university). Does anyone have an > idea of the type of company I should pick, I > wanted to make up a SWOT analysis with a valuation > model for a closely held company but since they > don’t have public information I can’t easily pull > data. How about a mid market cap REIT, anyone got > any names/ideas? > > Any advice would be appreciated. I really hope your not the same SeanC that posts on “wallstreetoasis.com” “I’ve done 2 summers of by SeanC (King Kong, 1123 Points) on 10/25/07 at 9:54pm I’ve done 2 summers of Banking before this, last summer was with the same group that I’m currently with now so I wasn’t expecting any surprises. Averaging about 90-95 hours/week, have gotten pretty efficient with my time so that’s a plus. New MD joined our group recently. He’s one of the types that’s excruciatingly anal with his pitches, and he’s sunk his claws into me so I see good times ahead (sarcasm). Overall, I feel like I’m going through the motions at this point. The slowdown in deal flow certainly hasn’t helped.”

Unfortunately, he is. Always gripping about everything, mostly MissInd (that was funny)

Are you sure it’s not a different SeanC over there? I thought about this too, and I just assumed they were different people despite the same moniker.

I think the SeanC over at wallstreetoasis claims to be from canada too. LOL if it the same person then its pretty sad. Pretending to be a IB analyst at a BB on one site while asking about big 4 advisory jobs on the other.

Alayle Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Unfortunately, he is. Always gripping about > everything, mostly MissInd (that was funny) i dont post on ibanking oasis