Big4 Corp Fin vs Boutique IB

Hey Guys I am currently in Big4 Audit and am thinking of moving to our Corp Fin Division. According to the website description, it mostly do middle market IB deals (<200 million). Have spoken with an analyst inside before but still want to see if I can get more information here. How would guys see it comparing with MM or Boutique IB firms? How is the environment and experience? Assuming my ultimate goal is to get into a Bulge Bracket Investment Bank, is it a good place to stay for a year and then lateral to BB? Please let me know. Thanks.

smano31 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hey Guys > > > I am currently in Big4 Audit and am thinking of > moving to our Corp Fin Division. According to the > website description, it mostly do middle market > IB deals (<200 million). Have spoken with an > analyst inside before but still want to see if I > can get more information here. > > How would guys see it comparing with MM or > Boutique IB firms? How is the environment and > experience? Assuming my ultimate goal is to get > into a Bulge Bracket Investment Bank, is it a good > place to stay for a year and then lateral to BB? > Please let me know. Thanks. it actually seems like a pretty good place to stay because youre giving up alot for that BB pay.

make the move ASAP from big3.5 to ibanking boutique. audit is a stamp of diapproval.

I would move to ibank asap

^Thats not entirely true if you attend a top business school. I would also guarantee that it would be easier moving into IB from corp. finance division of acct. firm instead of from auditing.