Biggest Interview of my life

Is the job in Princeton on in NY? I would expect CFA L1 would be particularly helpful for the data and fundamental indicator nature of the job. Maybe just registering would help for the interview too?

cfa2grunt Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Why would you NOT take the CFA exam if you don’t > get the Bloomberg job? Assuming you want to be in > this industry, just take the darn thing. This is a very good question. This is definitely the industry I want to get into but there is absolutely no hiring at the entry level now. I have been prepping for the CPA exam even though I know I dont want to be an auditor or work in tax Right now, the CPA offers a lot more job prospects to me even though it isnt what I want to do. I may not have the luxury of breaking into the financial industry right now like I want to, so I just have to make sure I have a contingency plan. Affordability is huge right now too, if I get into Bloomberg they pay for everything in full and offer free Kaplan CFA classes on site and I would have a huge network of co-workers to study with. If I don’t get this job, I will be unemployed come March with just enough money to put gas in my car.

I dont know if it’s occurred to you but you might actually need accounting experience to be a CPA.

eureka Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Is the job in Princeton on in NY? I would expect > CFA L1 would be particularly helpful for the data > and fundamental indicator nature of the job. > Maybe just registering would help for the > interview too? Princeton, if I had the cash I would absolutely register right now. The managers that will be conducting the hiring know that I am extremely interested in the CFA program so they are well aware of my ambition and determination.

I_Passed_Level_1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I dont know if it’s occurred to you but you might > actually need accounting experience to be a CPA. Well aware…12 months needed instead of 48 for the CFA. I have a network of CPAs in my family and friends that I could regrettably use to break in.

maratikus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Biggest interview of your life … wait until you > ask your future father-in-law to marry his > daughter. I did it first and asked permission later.

To NSteen1987: Sorry to jump in, but how did you get a temp position at Bloomberg? I am fluent in 2 other European languages besides English and I have applied for positions at Bloomberg that require proficiency in these languages, but nobody has contacted me yet. I have checked the website, and the positions are all gone…I guess temps are getting the positions…Maybe they are not even looking at the applications on their website at all :frowning: Thanks!

minocfa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > To NSteen1987: > > Sorry to jump in, but how did you get a temp > position at Bloomberg? > > I am fluent in 2 other European languages besides > English and I have applied for positions at > Bloomberg that require proficiency in these > languages, but nobody has contacted me yet. > I have checked the website, and the positions are > all gone…I guess temps are getting the > positions…Maybe they are not even looking at the > applications on their website at all :frowning: > > Thanks! Register with Ajilon Finance/Accounting…they handle all the temp hiring for Bloomberg at the Skillman,NJ location

Thank you very much, NSteen1987! The languages I speak are not widely spoken in the U.S. So, there should not be fierce competition for the position I applied for. I am not sure why they did not contact me, though… Would you mind giving me your email adress? I want to ask you a few more questions if you do not mind… Thanks!

minocfa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Thank you very much, NSteen1987! > > The languages I speak are not widely spoken in the > U.S. So, there should not be fierce competition > for the position I applied for. I am not sure why > they did not contact me, though… > Would you mind giving me your email adress? I want > to ask you a few more questions if you do not > mind… > > Thanks! nsteenstra@bloomberg.net