Biggest LOSER in America?

NYT is anti-semitic trash

The reality is the more liberal sources try to spin these things, the dumber they make themselves out to be with their feigned outrage. Loss accounting! Outrage! Never heard of it!

Funny, I don’t remember Igor tripping over himself to post this one. Anyhow, NYT outed itself as CSK pointed out with its openly racist cartoon following a string of biased coverage and subsequent handling of it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/18/opinion/barr-media-trump.html

Barr Is Right About Everything. Admit You Were Wrong.

After Trump’s vindication, the liberal media and its allies in government should face a reckoning. I’m not holding my breath.

to be fair its a writer talking about real estate, prolly doesnt have a clue on how things work. also my numbers though speculation prolly paints a better picture. than he claimed a billion in cumulative net losses in his tax return and equating it to a bad businessman, when its just smart tax planning.

lastly heres yoru writer. read all his articles. lol.

https://www.nytimes.com/by/russ-buettner

trump dodge taxes

ifnlated wealth

donald lies about income

anyways there clearly a lack of objectivity with the writer. he takes facts and distorts the meaning of it.

Yeah, the reality is, you have a guy who took some number of millions of dollars and turned it into a number of billions of dollars. It is fair to say look, he underperformed the S&P, had major advantages, over-hypes his mediocre success, is a sleazy businessman etc. But this type of idiocy on a financial forum only makes the copy pasters look as dumb as the people writing it.

lol why is BS getting triggered again?

you should be taking your anger out on the author not me I didn’t write it just posted the article and quotes lol

Sound like you have better sources than the failing NYT lol

sorry im not a religious NYT reader.

It’s the stupidity.

I guess if he did shoot someone on 5th ave people would still support him.

MakE WaTeR COooLEr GrEaT AgAiN

It is pretty dumb to call him the “biggest loser” or whatever. The real point is that the level of losses he is claiming, particularly for some year between 1985 and 1994, are crazy high, which point to either to a failure or a fraud. If there is nothing to learn just release the returns :bulb:.

Based on the underwriting pattern we see from lenders, it is completely reasonable to assume Trump Org is a bad credit and likely needs to restructure.

Generating losses is pretty common in real estate, the magnitude of what he did is yuge, but its neither fraud nor failure. Clearly he was audited over those periods and clearly he’s worth ~$3B. If fraud is the concern, the IRS has the returns in question and has reviewed them. If it’s failure, he has a visible real estate empire and is widely regarded to be worth several billion, so it can’t be that. This is akin to the birther’s shouting for a pdf of Obama’s birth certificate. Just yelling at the clouds from the people who couldn’t find collusion.

FDR, Truman, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, W. Bush and Obama all disclosed their tax returns. You do not know the capital structure of Trump Org. The lenders willing to extend credit speaks for itself. As somebody who spends/spent a decent amount of time underwriting various investments I’d like to see more disclosure, but unfortunately the above fact pattern is all I have to go on.

hehe

https://www.cnbc.com/2016/09/14/chanos-trump-was-my-easiest-short-like-ocean-liners-hitting-icebergs.html

IRS so good LOL

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/12/23/nixon-trump-tax-returns-1050587

The simple reality is yes, its’ a break from tradition, but the IRS has its documents so fraud is a red herring. Obama waited 3-4 years to release birth certificates, people getting their panties in a bunch over that needed hobbies. This is a transparent political shtick. No amount of tax reforms will really pacify the people clamoring for them because it was never about that. About half the country is throwing a multi-year hissy fit and is simply looking for the next thing to use as a vehicle for it.

ahhh jim chanos. the most and only famous short investor… i think im paraphrasing howard marks.

Even for Chanos, who is good at this, “the short book — as represented by Ursus — has lost 0.7 percent annually” from founding through the end of 2017. Oops!

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2018-09-18/short-selling-is-a-tough-business

only a fool would be net short.

wasnt fool when shorted trump LOL

mustabeen a SUPER easy short

Which stocks he talking about?

Yawn, what “stock” did he short when he made this clearly unbiased comment at the DNC? Anyhow to Nerdy’s point, Chanos sucks, well known fact, poor performer, got lucky once. Net worth half of Trumps, maybe he should have shorted himself? Trump, winner, $3B net worth, our President!

Liberals critiquing Wharton grad’s $3B real estate empire:

Image result for back office finance meme