Bill Gross

His voice is exactly like that of the old pedophile guy in Family Guy. I just noticed this…

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t Bill famous for marrying his wife before she knew how rich he was? I could have sworn he lives a poverty stricken lifestyle and tied the knot under the guise.

ohai Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > His voice is exactly like that of the old > pedophile guy in Family Guy. I just noticed > this… LOL

QuantJock_MBA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t Bill famous > for marrying his wife before she knew how rich he > was? I could have sworn he lives a poverty > stricken lifestyle and tied the knot under the > guise. Truthfulness of this story is depends on the time frame. If he got married more than 30 to 40 years ago, then the story could be true. But If the time was about 10 to 20 years ago? She is lying. Nonetheless, this is hilarious post.

99.99% of chicks don’t know who Bill Gross is, so I don’t see why it would be a lie.

Most people, if not all, figure out what their dating partners do before they get married. Unless she is an Amish or Mr Gross did not tell her what he does and the company he works for etc., there is very good chance she knew. Okay my previous statement was too firm. My bad. Let me rephrase “She is lying” to “I don’t buy her story”

skycfa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Most people, if not all, figure out what their > dating partners do before they get married. > Unless she is an Amish or Mr Gross did not tell > her what he does and the company he works for > etc., there is very good chance she knew. > > Okay my previous statement was too firm. My bad. > Let me rephrase “She is lying” to “I don’t buy her > story” Unless she was a hard core gold digger, I doubt it. The girls I have dated, or met in bars, don’t have a clue what happens within an investment firm. Perhaps they assume we’re all rich. Me - I work in trading at this RIA. Bimbo - What’s that? Me - It is an asset manager, we work with high net worth individuals to maintain an optimal mean variance asset allocation. Bimbo - Oh cool, my brother does something similar, he is an accountant/CPA/Financial Advisor/has a Series 7/etc. I’m sure if Bill said he managed a fixed income portfolio and found optimal duration positions along the yield curve, she’d smile and say, “That’s nice dear, let’s ‘you know’.”

Dating and getting married is very different thing. People dig little deeper about their partners and think harder before they decide to bond with someone for life. I am not saying she is a gold digger or she seduced Mr. Gross for the money or got married just because of his wealth. No. Not all of that. I am simply saying there is very good chance that she knew he was making good money, maybe not millionaire, before they got married. If the words I chose made you think that I made a judgement about the lady as gold digger then please excuse me. I didn’t mean it.

I understand, maybe I’ve just been up too late this evening. All I’m saying is unless she was into the industry, I’m sure she would have no idea if PIMCO is a high profile firm or if he makes a lot of money. The story I heard was that he lives well below his means and is a frugal cheapskate. It’s reasonable to think that money came up sometime during the courtship. I’m hoping someone else heard the tale I did. And I should stop seeking clueless bimbos at the bar.

Sorry to hijack, but I do the same thing. What kind of investment strategy and funds do u guys use? QuantJock_MBA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > Me - I work in trading at this RIA. > Bimbo - What’s that? > Me - It is an asset manager, we work with high net > worth individuals to maintain an optimal mean > variance asset allocation. > Bimbo - Oh cool, my brother does something > similar, he is an accountant/CPA/Financial > Advisor/has a Series 7/etc. > > I’m sure if Bill said he managed a fixed income > portfolio and found optimal duration positions > along the yield curve, she’d smile and say, > “That’s nice dear, let’s ‘you know’.”

Hey Systematic, That was my old job. We held a number of strategies since we did some in-house allocation and we had agreements with specialized portfolio managers in everything from munis to alternatives. The funds were SMA with some ETF exposure for some of the clients barely clearing the minimum. We took pride in active portfolio management where we found the best position for the client on the efficient frontier after obtaining an IPS. We used a commercial MVO, but really they all do the same thing. I’m personally working on crafting my own MVO via excel currently. With that, I hope someone can confirm or deny my urban legend of Bill.

No one has asked the right question yet: is she hot? The most succesful men in our society (Buffett, Gates) don’t marry (and I bet never dated) hot women. They are too high maintenance. What has Tom Brady done since hooking up with Gisele?