Binomial Distribution Question

Which of the following could be the set of all possible outcomes for a random variable that follows a binomial distribution? A) (-1, 0, 1). B) (0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11). C) (0, 0.5, 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3). D) (1, 2).

Think it’s D?? Somce Binomial Random Variables could just have 2 states, be it [ON, OFF] , [TRUE, FALSE], [SUCCESS, FAILURE] or [1, 2] - Dinesh S

Thats what I thought too Dinesh…success, failure…etc. This what schweser says Your answer: D was incorrect. The correct answer was B) (0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11). This reflects a basic property of binomial outcomes. They take on whole number values that must start at zero up to the upper limit n. The upper limit in this case is 11. ===Guess I missed the “basic property” of binomial outcomes ):

wow thanks delhirocks, I did not knew this earlier.

dinesh.sundrani Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Think it’s D?? Somce Binomial Random Variables > could just have 2 states, be it , , or [1, 2] > > - Dinesh S I think you are thinking of Bernoulli trails that have either True/False outcomes. A Binomial distribution is the number of successes in n Bernoullli trails, which is why none of the other options can be correct. A - you cannot have negative C - has decimal values, so once again it is not correct. D - does not have a zero (since the probability of no successes must be included)

Thanks for the clarification…