Black Friday

Well on the anniversary of the Black Tuesday crash, I just thought I would wish each of us all the best today. This will be a day that many of us might not be the same after, ever. Willy

Sniff… I’ve always loved you, Willy Sniff…

See you on the other side!

Good morning everyone!

So this must be a bit like it feels when a Tsunami hits… except you have a little more warning.

This could be a rough day, but Black Tuesday was 10/29. 10/24 was, by some historians account, the start of the crash. 10/24 was the day that Richard Whitney appeared on the floor of the exchange and put in a bid on 10,000 shares of steel for the last selling price even though the other bids were substantially lower.

Don’t be silly!!! Red is the new green.

Thanks Joey. I honestly don’t know what to do. I mean if someone asked me a question like Where’s the dollar going, what about interest rates, is this the bottom does this shirt make me look gay I honestly wouldn’t have an answer. Willy

:s

WillyR Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Thanks Joey. I honestly don’t know what to do. I > mean if someone asked me a question like Where’s > the dollar going, what about interest rates, is > this the bottom does this shirt make me look gay I > honestly wouldn’t have an answer. > > Willy no one has any clue at this point and that is why things are the way they are.

All I know is that if I had a couple hundred grand lying around, I’d be buying. BIG TIME. Think about what happens to Agrium and Potash 4/5 years from now. EPS growth of 5% and a multiple of four times what they are today. I mean its nuts. Too bad so many have lost so much. willy

That shirt does make you look gay. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

WillyR Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > All I know is that if I had a couple hundred grand > lying around, I’d be buying. BIG TIME. Think about > what happens to Agrium and Potash 4/5 years from > now. EPS growth of 5% and a multiple of four times > what they are today. I mean its nuts. Too bad so > many have lost so much. > > willy Easy to say, but many people with a couple hundred grand lying around had a half a million bucks last year invested in the stock market until they liquidated it last week and now all they have left is that $200k. When trillions of dollars in wealth is evaporating each day, few people want to risk what little they have left.

So far, market’s “only” down 5%…could get a lot worse, though.

No thats true. My post was 100% hindsight. Willy

Agree with Willy about the buying. I guess I’ll just have to keep playing the IRA/401k DCA game. Is it possible to roll my 401k to an IRA while I’m still employed, then I could pick and choose… I’m thinking this is only an option once you leave a company.

Dow below 8300 …what are the chances if it dropping below 8100 today ?

what happened this morning - i feel like a guy with the erection of a lifetime, and the lady turned around and walked away. there are no sellers in this market - volume is a piddle. this is just buyers with cash coming out of their ears, waiting waiting until the mob feast on the rally of a lifetime (rinse, lather, repeat every 3 months for next year)

Interesting… declining volume after a drop is a technical signal for at least a short term bottom. The real test is whether retail folks read the news and call up to sell tons of stuff.

Yeah I’m confused, it would seem that - 275 points isn’t so bad. Its -3.30% but that’s after having been down as much as 5%. Willy