Black Swan

I didn’t get it. The direction and acting were good, but the whole plot really deviated from NNT’s opus pretty extremely. I could see hints of the allegory (gaussian methods do not apply in a ballet company, but power laws can describe the ascensionand dismissal of star ballerinas), but I definitely felt like the screen-writers took a lot of liberties. I’m surprised Taleb agreed to their terms…they must have paid him an awful lot.

I was also deeply offended from a biographical standpoint, as I felt that several parts of the film deviated significantly from the true events of my life. I mean, they spent so much time on my ballet career but didn’t even mention the CFA exams or my climatic effort to secure a Starbucks sponsorship for Level II (also thwarted by Mila Kunis).

Did you truly expect a movie name Black Swan to not end up being a left tail surprise?

Would everyone quit saying black swan please.

purealpha Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Would everyone quit saying black swan please. Yes, australian-american swans is much more PC.

Maybe we can have Black Swan the soap opera, that woudl be nice.

Eeewww, that’s so gauss!

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Eeewww, that’s so gauss! hah! nice one!

I’ve always been a bif big fan of Mila Kunis and I’m glad she’s getting the due recognition she deserves. She did well in Black Swan. To me she’s one of the most beautifulest women to have ever graced this earth. No kidding.

^^Yeah she kicked ass in Book of Eli-

I’ve been in lurve with her since her “That 70’s show” days.

Too sweet for me…like I can’t picture her spitting in my face and slapping me, a la f&*%ing & punching. Then again in Black Swan she did have that back tattoo (you know, because she was from San Francisco and all), which signals a little bad girl side.

I just saw the movie and enjoyed it. Natalie Portman is too perfect looking.

I saw it. Unless I miss things, it seemed that a lot of things were left untied. Did Mila and Portman really lez-out? I dislike movies where just about everything you see might not be real.

brain_wash_your_face Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Too sweet for me…like I can’t picture her > spitting in my face and slapping me, a la f&*%ing > & punching. Then again in Black Swan she did have > that back tattoo (you know, because she was from > San Francisco and all), which signals a little bad > girl side. I am from san francisco, and I dont have black tatoo …

Hey_I_am_the_Dude_man Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’ve always been a bif big fan of Mila Kunis and > I’m glad she’s getting the due recognition she > deserves. She did well in Black Swan. > > To me she’s one of the most beautifulest women to > have ever graced this earth. No kidding. I’ve always been a bif big fan of Mila’s Kunis as well.

Analti_Calte_Equity Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hey_I_am_the_Dude_man Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I’ve always been a bif big fan of Mila Kunis > and > > I’m glad she’s getting the due recognition she > > deserves. She did well in Black Swan. > > > > To me she’s one of the most beautifulest women > to > > have ever graced this earth. No kidding. > > I’ve always been a bif big fan of Mila’s Kunis as > well. You’ve a great taste in women, my man. Just don’t let the missus know.

So now there is a movie, a book, a song by Tom Yorke…and I still dont have them in my model.