Blackberry

I still have a curve on Verizons network. I dont keep up with these phones. Im eligibile for an upgrade, should I do it now or wait for something coming out soon?

whatever you do, you need to keep ballin cold corporate style with a blackberry. dont you get soft with a droid or some other i-crap for them marketing/artsy types.

Is it the new Curve or an older model? If it’s an older model, I would recommend upgrading. The speed, display, and overall experience will likely be better than what you currently have. If it’s the current Curve, the improvement will only be incremental, so it might not be worth it. Edit: I’m assuming that you will upgrade to another BlackBerry (and not some other sort of smart phone), and that you’re not looking at the BlackBerry touch screen models (which have gotten mixed reviews).

Mobius Striptease Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > whatever you do, you need to keep ballin cold > corporate style with a blackberry. dont you get > soft with a droid or some other i-crap for them > marketing/artsy types. No way. Blackberry, Office 2003 and a HP 12C.

I can get a curve, a storm or a bold. If I switch to ATT I can get a curve a bold or a pearl. Worth bothering?

1morelevel Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > No way. Blackberry, Office 2003 and a HP 12C. All the cocky whippersnappers out there can make fun of me all they want, but I’ll go to my grave clutching my beloved 12C!

Bold 9650 Good phone. Had a Curve 8330 forever. Bold is a significant upgrade.

im on att with the bb torch. its been pretty good so far

I have a bold for work and I like it…don’t do too much web surfing/media stuff with it though. The faux leather back looks mad classy.

The 3G Pearl looks like a slimmer Bold from what I can tell; pretty sick.

They still make Blackberrys?

king_kong Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > They still make Blackberrys? Short RIMM <3

i heard citi and bofa we’re testing iphones and droids security capability recently…

^ A buddy of mine works for a small consulting shop that is now using Droids. Not comparing this to a Citi or BoA, but some firms are defintely using them now.

Just wanted to chime and and say that blackberry touchscreens are pretty damn badly designed as far as interface/tracking. Actually, for my money, all touch screens- even the iPhone, which has excellent aesthetics, ergonomics, and typing software- are not as nice for typing.

We’re missing the point of Blackberries. They are cheap, have decent keyboards, and are virtually indestructible. Their only important business functions are phone and email. Very few companies are going to shell out $500 per unit (or whatever is the unsubsidized price) for thousands of iPhones or Droid 2s with glass screens that will break when the employees drop them. Sure, a 4" touch screen phone will make it easier for us to dick around on YouTube, but non-business functionality doesn’t really justify the higher cost.

my bberry doesnt even have a camera and i am proud of this fact. that of course limits severely my ability to snap a random idiotic photo and upload it on fbook immediately, LOLz

Mobius Striptease Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > my bberry doesnt even have a camera and i am proud > of this fact. that of course limits severely my > ability to snap a random idiotic photo and upload > it on fbook immediately, LOLz Mobius, you’ll be interested to see my latest addition to facebook: ~*~*Me’N ThA GiRlZ~*~*, volumes I-IX. To be fair, my photos really lose a certain “Je ne sais quoi” if I don’t upload them immediately. Also, my kissy face is epic.

supersadface Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > To be fair, my photos really lose a certain “Je ne > sais quoi” if I don’t upload them immediately. > Also, my kissy face is epic. my ‘Blue Steel’ is legendary in many circles