Bloomberg Certification

Anyone find working throug the fixed income, equity, or FX certifications helpful during the CFA process? I can’t imagine it would hurt, but I don’t want to get side tracked.

I am not certified, but I completed a few of the courses. They are irrelevant for CFA.

Agree.

How is it for learning the basic functions of bloomberg?

I completed eq and fi when I was in school. It’s useless for CFA. It’s boring. you can take the exams while listening to the online lectures.

Ya, easiest thing in the world, just use the Bloomberg HELP function for every question. A nice thing to add to your resume, some people think you are the master of Bloom cause you have these, that could be dangerous.

purealpha Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Ya, easiest thing in the world, just use the > Bloomberg HELP function for every question. A > nice thing to add to your resume, some people > think you are the master of Bloom cause you have > these, that could be dangerous You can use the help function within the Quiz or you use it in a seperate window?

I got these years ago but I believe I just had two bloomberg windows open and used HELP on every question. The point of the exam is just to learn to use help to answer everything…there is no bloomberg manual because everything is always changing, HELP is the answer to all.

I almost did this in college. I started with the first quiz, I had a 6 pack to help the quizzes go along, I got too bored and ended up drinking the 5 other beers at the tri delt house lol.

purealpha Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I got these years ago but I believe I just had two > bloomberg windows open and used HELP on every > question. The point of the exam is just to learn > to use help to answer everything…there is no > bloomberg manual because everything is always > changing, HELP is the answer to all. so you had two quizzes opened at once? When I use …it only gives me info on how to stop the RSS feed on the bottom of my bloomberg window