Bloomberg Product Certification

Dinesh, I just asked the bloomberg help desk regarding the same. They said you need to have your own login and password in order to take the exam. SUCKS!! Sorry bro

anishcandy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Anybody knows, or has, these certificates? yes > Are they any good if you are trying to break into > Investment Banking? no > Thanks sure

anishcandy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Dinesh, > I just asked the bloomberg help desk regarding the > same. They said you need to have your own login > and password in order to take the exam. SUCKS!! > > Sorry bro You can make your own login…just provide them with an email address. In fact, you can make infinite logins on bloomberg…you don’t have to be the registered user on the terminal (just know their password/username) BTW, you can easily cheat on the exams by creating two logins, use one to fail all the exams…copy the answers…and then use the other login to “pass” all the exams. But then…what’s the point?

I dont think its that important. I passed the exams but in my old job, I only used less than 10 of the functions. However, it can’t really hurt to pad the resume.

sternwolf Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > anishcandy Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Dinesh, > > I just asked the bloomberg help desk regarding > the > > same. They said you need to have your own login > > and password in order to take the exam. SUCKS!! > > > > Sorry bro > > > You can make your own login…just provide them > with an email address. In fact, you can make > infinite logins on bloomberg…you don’t have to > be the registered user on the terminal (just know > their password/username) > > BTW, you can easily cheat on the exams by creating > two logins, use one to fail all the exams…copy > the answers…and then use the other login to > “pass” all the exams. But then…what’s the > point? Thanks sternwolf, this is a material information … for all of my likes (non-Fin)

sternwolf Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > anishcandy Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Dinesh, > > I just asked the bloomberg help desk regarding > the > > same. They said you need to have your own login > > and password in order to take the exam. SUCKS!! > > > > Sorry bro > > > You can make your own login…just provide them > with an email address. In fact, you can make > infinite logins on bloomberg…you don’t have to > be the registered user on the terminal (just know > their password/username) > > BTW, you can easily cheat on the exams by creating > two logins, use one to fail all the exams…copy > the answers…and then use the other login to > “pass” all the exams. But then…what’s the > point? If anybody fails these exams then s/he do not deserve a bloomberg terminal access. This stuff is easy!!

Is it possible for me to learn bloomberg and get this cert, I don’t have a bloomberg terminal at my work, we use a different program called IRESS for australian equities. But I reallywant to learn bloomberg as I will need it overseas I think. Any ideas? Thanks

Bump. I need to get this thing for a class of mine. Schweser or Stalla? Jk. Overall I’m curious how long it takes? Can I knock it all out in a few days?

i did that in college, if i remember correctly its not that hard, but there are a few levels and a project. it took me about two weeks because i was new to BB - you could prob do it pretty quick.

One sunday and a case of beer.

Bloomberg is a maze of little twisting passages, all different.

I have them, it’s nice to be able to say you’re familiar with bloomberg in the interview, but I doubt it’s ever been a factor in a hiring decision.

Is this something I can put on my business card?

Do ppl at BB have to do it?