Bloomberg Product Certification

Anybody knows, or has, these certificates? Are they any good if you are trying to break into Investment Banking? Thanks

anishcandy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Anybody knows, or has, these certificates? Are > they any good if you are trying to break into > Investment Banking? > > Thanks I’ve heard of it and I’ll say no. I’m not that familiar with them though…where did you get it, in school? Isn’t it just like a workshop that teaches you how to use Bloomberg? I’m not trying to be a smart*ss, I’m serious. I have to use Bloomberg now on pretty much a daily basis and am I’m not going through a formal training program, I just learn a little bit each day, so I’m looking for a training program.

You can do a certification through your Bloomberg terminal - you go through lessons, and take a short quiz after each, then when all are completed I believe they’ll send you a certificate. Shows that you know Bloomberg in and out, but I don’t see it as much of a help unless you are going for entry-level type jobs - I would assume knowing how to use Bloomberg is kind of a given for any higher position.

Anish, hopw this helps. http://www.library.yorku.ca/ccm/BG/instruction/bloomberg.htm

As a matter of fact, please let me know if you grab hold of some Bloomberg terminals, I would like to add them to my resume too.

TPain88 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > anishcandy Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Anybody knows, or has, these certificates? Are > > they any good if you are trying to break into > > Investment Banking? > > > > Thanks > > > I’ve heard of it and I’ll say no. I’m not that > familiar with them though…where did you get it, > in school? Isn’t it just like a workshop that > teaches you how to use Bloomberg? I’m not trying > to be a smart*ss, I’m serious. I have to use > Bloomberg now on pretty much a daily basis and am > I’m not going through a formal training program, I > just learn a little bit each day, so I’m looking > for a training program. I guess some schools have this course but I’ll be doing it on my own, in my free time. I think if you have access to the terminal then you can just play around, and any given time just press HELP twice and you’ll be assisted.

j-rad Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You can do a certification through your Bloomberg > terminal - you go through lessons, and take a > short quiz after each, then when all are completed > I believe they’ll send you a certificate. > > Shows that you know Bloomberg in and out, but I > don’t see it as much of a help unless you are > going for entry-level type jobs - I would assume > knowing how to use Bloomberg is kind of a given > for any higher position. Yes, I am trying for entry level jobs.

dinesh.sundrani Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Anish, hopw this helps. > http://www.library.yorku.ca/ccm/BG/instruction/blo > omberg.htm Thanks for the link Dinesh. I already have access to the terminal at my current job. I just use it to retrieve data for analysis and not for any trading or stuff. Happened to come across these certificates (which are for free) and thought of having them for decorating resume =) … Doesn’t hurt to have them!! Anish

Anish, I was thinking of doing these in early-2007 but not yet got hold of an B’Berg-Term. M dying to press the CERT

I hear you bro. You’ll be there soon. Keep up the good work. How is SS 10?

Monday, was out for some volunteering stuff on 23rd and 7th. Tuesday, Nailed SS-10. See this http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?12,663400,667751#msg-667751 I think we could incorporate SS-11 too for this sunday?

Fine with me bro, but I think Cami is way behind!! Shoot an email. See what see says?

Q: How valuable is the Bloomberg Product Certificate? A: Employers place great emphasis on having well-trained employees. In an increasingly competitive market, the more tools you have in your educational arsenal the better. That is why the certificate is very valuable and will become even more so in the future.

Rudeboi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Q: How valuable is the Bloomberg Product > Certificate? > > A: Employers place great emphasis on having > well-trained employees. In an increasingly > competitive market, the more tools you have in > your educational arsenal the better. That is why > the certificate is very valuable and will become > even more so in the future. Well, I wanted to get this certificate long time ago because I thought it would add some value to my resume :slight_smile: Now, I don’t care about it. I am comfortable with BT and I don’t need a certificate to prove that.

the certificate is really easy to get, just fast forward through the lessons if you don’t feel like sitting at the bloomberg terminal for hours watching the videos. going to the bloomberg building is a fun little field trip, if you can get work to ok it, and the one in nyc has free snacks/food. haha. i got the equity and fixed income certificates just for fun, but i’m pretty sure they don’t help you in any way in terms of getting a job. gpa, school alumni, and experience will clearly be the drivers there.

They say, “No free lunch in New York.” Guess, I at least try to bag free certificates, even if they help me in getting the job or no but definitely teach you something new!!

wtanla Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > the certificate is really easy to get, just fast > forward through the lessons if you don’t feel like > sitting at the bloomberg terminal for hours > watching the videos. going to the bloomberg > building is a fun little field trip, if you can > get work to ok it, and the one in nyc has free > snacks/food. haha. > > i got the equity and fixed income certificates > just for fun, but i’m pretty sure they don’t help > you in any way in terms of getting a job. gpa, > school alumni, and experience will clearly be the > drivers there. Can anybody go inside the bloomberg building, NYC and watch the videos (oops… take the certificate) ??? Let me know, then I can invade it this weekend itself :slight_smile:

if your company has a bloomberg terminal, the classes are open to anyone who works for the company. there are dates and schedules, etc, if you type “BU” into the terminal. classes are like 1 hour or so, but you take all the tests on the terminal in order to get the certificate. only problem is the classes you need for the certificate aren’t always given on a particular day, so i found it easier to just “watch” the videos on the terminal at my work, get the code needed to activate the test, and take the test.

dinesh.sundrani Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > wtanla Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > the certificate is really easy to get, just > fast > > forward through the lessons if you don’t feel > like > > sitting at the bloomberg terminal for hours > > watching the videos. going to the bloomberg > > building is a fun little field trip, if you can > > get work to ok it, and the one in nyc has free > > snacks/food. haha. > > > > i got the equity and fixed income certificates > > just for fun, but i’m pretty sure they don’t > help > > you in any way in terms of getting a job. gpa, > > school alumni, and experience will clearly be > the > > drivers there. > > Can anybody go inside the bloomberg building, NYC > and watch the videos (oops… take the certificate) > ??? Let me know, then I can invade it this > weekend itself :slight_smile: Dinesh, they do offer live seminars at their lexington ave. office. Not sure if you can take the test there?? I’ll find out this for you.

Thats so nice of you!!