bloomberg tutorials question

I have access to a bloomberg terminal at work and have just been told how to look up/find a couple basic things. I know that there are tutorials on bloomberg one can go through but I am not sure what the steps are to access them. any ideas? thanks

type in BU then hit

Just type whatever you are interested in followed by . There is no Bloomberg manual, it is all online and constantly changing. If you still can’t find what you want use the chat function, they won’t know super complex stuff, but will try their best to point you in the right direction.

You can try typing but I find some times the bloomberg staff isnt very helpful.

go has video tutorials. You have do something like 3 general, 5 FI, 5 Equity for the certification.

thems Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > go has video tutorials. You have do something like > 3 general, 5 FI, 5 Equity for the certification. This is true, but when I went through the tutorials to get my certification at work I noticed that the videos are mostly outdated and not very helpful. I found it better to learn by just playing around with it and finding what you are looking for. The help function does help quite a bit.

call the a/c manager

call the a/c manager

I hate to say “google it”, but I have found several bloomberg tutorials just by googling. universities create these for their finance students. for example, this one includes videos. http://www.stern.nyu.edu/it/guides/bloomberg.html

One of the best ways to learn BB is by simply screwing around with it. For example, type in “KO Equity” a full menu of functions for KO will come up. . . drill down to see what they are. They have a section where it explains in detail what you are looking at. Also use the “Related Functions” tab. Another way to start is to type in “ID CUSIP”. . . this will allow you to pull up the same overview page with all the related fuctions for bonds, closed ends, mutual funds, etc. Take the same approach with broad categories: ECON, NEWS, BLAW, etc. I have found the live training sessions useful too. They cover a lot of stuff and give out cheatsheets that are helpful for navigating the system.

rlange Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > thems Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > > > This is true, but when I went through the > tutorials to get my certification at work I > noticed that the videos are mostly outdated and > not very helpful. I found it better to learn by > just playing around with it and finding what you > are looking for. The help function does help quite > a bit. Print out the accompanying documentation, which will help you remember the commands & follow the tutorial. Try out the same commands with the instructor.

first log in through ur id… then type BU n hit then select the country n the city where u from… the instructions given are very clear and easy to follow… u just have to select the kind of a course u want the tutorial for… n voila!! automatically ur r signed up for it… jus pick a course u think will be suitable for the kind of work u do…