BOM Life

Anybody else sick of the underpaid , montonous BOM life… ??

Yeah. Do you ever find that your brain just goes into autopilot, and you just *wake up* at 5PM everyday and have check if you did everything you were supposed to?

commstudent Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yeah. Do you ever find that your brain just goes > into autopilot, and you just *wake up* at 5PM > everyday and have check if you did everything you > were supposed to? All the time!

KJH Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > commstudent Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Yeah. Do you ever find that your brain just > goes > > into autopilot, and you just *wake up* at 5PM > > everyday and have check if you did everything > you > > were supposed to? > > > All the time! true dat !! …so mindnumbing …if it wasnt for the CFA i think i’d be getting dumber by the day …

how is backoffice pay though? the only jobs i see advertised in dozens are backoffice roles. the Research Associate roles, i don’t even bother. this is not a good sign.

i would say anywhere in b/w 35 - 50 although i have come across some for 55 k …35k being the entry level …with no experience what so ever - this is in toronto …

Ahhh yes, life in BO world.

Depends on what you do. In asset management, Ive heard of most making 40-55k all in for the first few years at a bigger firm in fund accounting. If youre in analytics or compliance Im sure youre touching 65k all in. Managers make 80k+

fund accounting and BO sounds just as bad as discount. seems like its my left or right foot.

I’d say BO is better than dicount. A manager in BO can top out at 200k in NYC (probably higher in compliance or accounting), you’ll never get near that in discount (non-sales).

BOM= Back Office M?