Bond amortization on BA-II

Is there any way to solve a problem like this on the BA-II without having to spend 5 minutes drawing out a bond amortization schedule? Amortized Inc. has issued its Class G Series bonds at $9,200. Class G bonds have a 6% coupon paid semi-annually and a face value of $10,000, maturing in three years. Using the effective interest method, calculate the net book value of the bonds at the end of the second year. a. $9,200 b. $9,697 c. $9,708 d. $10,000

searching google i had already come up with an answer from strangedays strangedays, i commend you in absentia -------- XYZ has issued its bonds at $9,200, with a 6% coupon paid semi-annually and a face value of $10,000, maturing in three years. Using the effective interest method, calculate the net book value of the bonds at the end of the second year. PV=9200, PMT=300, FV=10000 N=6 CPT I/Y Then 2nd AMORT P1=1 P2=4 (because semi annual payment)

supersharpshooter Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > searching google i had already come up with an > answer from strangedays > > strangedays, i commend you in absentia > > -------- > XYZ has issued its bonds at $9,200, with a 6% > coupon paid semi-annually and a face value of > $10,000, maturing in three years. Using the > effective interest method, calculate the net book > value of the bonds at the end of the second year. > > PV=9200, PMT=300, FV=10000 N=6 CPT I/Y > > Then > > 2nd AMORT P1=1 P2=4 (because semi annual payment) thanks :slight_smile: