book 6, exam 1 - horrid.

Overall 65. ethics 66.67% Quant 92.86% Econ 41.67% FSA 66.67% Asset valuation 52.78% Port Mgmt 83.33% I need some serious help. what am I supposed to do? I guess the unread SS are weighing in on the total score. :frowning:

I think you are fine really. Beef up the ethics. You will rock it!

If I remember right, the average score from the Schweser website for that exam is in the low 60’s. You are right at or shortly above average. Just find out your weak areas and hit them hard. It all comes together if you put in the effort

I know- econ’s nasty!! It’s easy when you read it, and oh-so-complex when you’re actually answering questions!! Overall though, not so bad…still push on…

I would say, some more practice on FSA and one final review on Ethics should be good enough… How important is Asset Valuation? I am extremely weak in those areas…

I wouldn’t worry about the econ as much as it is a smaller portion of the exam. Pinpoint your weaker sections of FSA and asset valuation by plugging your answers into Schwesers website and focus on those areas. That is what I did to learn my weaknesses and it seems to be paying off thus far. Just keep pushing…almost there

Asset valuation is next in importance behind FSA and ethics if I remember right. Fixed income is a large part of that.

to be honest guys, CFAI assigns the passing grades (>50, 50-70, 70

Right now, I am coal, not golden. hehe, but let’s see more plugging in to do on FSA. FSA is HARD!! no kidding. and my results in econ are hardly a surprise to me, especially since i haven’t even read a single word of economics… lol gotta read that at some point too… and need to review FI as well… threw easy points on exam as i couldn’t remember the formula. Also, isn’t book 6 exams easier than Real exams??

pepp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > Also, isn’t book 6 exams easier than Real exams?? From what I have read on the forum, book 6 and 7 questions are written differently than many on the real exam. Hard to determine if that means they are harder or not. My opinion is that they helped me read questions more carefully and hopefully I won’t make as many stupid mistakes on the real exam.

rlange Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > pepp Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > > > Also, isn’t book 6 exams easier than Real > exams?? > > > From what I have read on the forum, book 6 and 7 > questions are written differently than many on the > real exam. Hard to determine if that means they > are harder or not. > > My opinion is that they helped me read questions > more carefully and hopefully I won’t make as many > stupid mistakes on the real exam. I have heard the same thing rlange, also word is that the exam ask alot more conceptual Q’s than schweser, which I found was the case on the mocks