Book 6 vs. CFAI practice tests

Has anyone else had an easier time with CFAI’s practice test vs Schweser book 6? I have been averaging a 72 on book 6 and scored an 81 on my first CFAI test.

I’m finding the same thing. However, I have more faith in taking the CFA practice tests than Schweser simply because they are coming from the horses mouth.

I have had the same experience. I know this has been mentioned on other posts, but the Scheweser material seems focused on the formulas and calculations but the CFAI exams are about the concepts.

I have had the opposite experience… scoring in the 60’s on the CFAI online exams and about mid 70’s on the schweser practice exams… maybe because of the anxiety that goes along with taking the real test…

Ufpasse Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have had the opposite experience… scoring in > the 60’s on the CFAI online exams and about mid > 70’s on the schweser practice exams… maybe > because of the anxiety that goes along with taking > the real test… I’m with you. Plus, I make stupid mistakes on the computer for some reason. I’ve been in the mid-high 60s on all 4 of the CFAI exams I have taken.

Edmund, I also just scored an 81 on my first CFAI test. I haven’t taken the book 6 tests yet but I wanted to get an idea of how much work I had to do. I actually found more calculation questions than I expected although there were still a few conceptual problems. I wonder if the December exam will have more calculations than the June exam…