Books about Hedge Fund Industry

Looking for recommendations for both casual and serious books about the hedge fund industry and its methodologies. I think this is the area I know the least about and while I am not looking to go into it, I would like to improve my understanding. Quantitative books would be fine. THanks

i read “when genius failed” the LTCM story decent book you’ll get through it within a week

two great ones: Richard Bookstaber - A Demon of Our Own Design Steven Drobny - Inside the House of Money

I liked “Trend Following” by Covel.

hedgehogging - biggs

Here is winter holidays reading list: The Classics: Security Analysis by Ben Graham and David Dodd (1934 Edition) Chapter 12 of the General Theory of Employment, Interest and Money by John Maynard Keynes Theory of Investment Value by John Burr Williams Manias, Panics and Crashes by Charles Kindelbeger Reminiscences of a Stock Operator by Edwin Lefévre Modern Wonders: The Little Book That Beats the Market by Joel Greenblatt The Little Book of Value Investing by Chris Browne Fooled by Randomness by Nassim Taleb Contrarian Investment Strategies by David Dreman Speculative Contagion by Frank Martin Psychological Musts: Robot’s Rebellion by Keith Stanovich Strangers to Ourselves by Tim Wilson How we know what isn’t so by Tom Gilovich Stumbling on Happiness by Daniel Gilbert The Psychology of Intelligence Analysis by Richard Heuer Jnr Hidden Gems: Halo Effect by Phil Rosenzweig Mindless Eating by Brian Wansink The Inefficient Stock Market by Robert Haugen The Margin of Safety by Seth Klarman Your Money and your Brain by Jason Zweig Disclaimer: not all of these books are about hedge funds.

“All About Hedge Funds: The easy way to get started” - by Bob Jaeger - horrible title (not the author’s choice), but a great overview of hedge fund strategies and also a great introduction in the 1st chapter on the structure of finance in general. “Absolute Returns” by Alexander Ineichen. He wrote a new book called “Assymetric Returns” which looked good when I read the intro. I’m not sure if you can just read the latter without the former, though.

…oops double post…

jlx177 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > hedgehogging - biggs I enjoyed just about every pages of this book.

Thanks for all the recommendations. I’ll see what the local university library has. Happy holidays to all forum readers.