Books Change Year Over Year?

Here’s my dilemma: I took the level 1 test in December. My work pays for the exams/curriculum for me and I was pretty confident that I passed so I asked my manager to buy me the level 2 books prior to getting my exam results. He did. Turns out I did pass, but I have too much going on to study hard enough to where I’m sure I’ll pass level 2 this June, but I already have the books. Truth is, I don’t want to pussy foot around and fail level 2. I either want to do it right, for sure pass level 2 (I know it’s never a sure thing), and be prepared for level 3 or not take waste my time. I just know that my schedule right now won’t allow me to devote the necessary time to be confident in 4 months and it’s not worth the stress. With that, since I already have the books for level 2 2011, I was wondering how much they change year to year? If not much, they make good reading material for the 30 minute bus ride and I figure it doesn’t hurt to casually start now for June 2012 and at least have a basis in this stuff because the majority of this stuff is not something I do on a daily basis. But, again, I don’t want to waste my time reading stuff that isn’t going to be in the curriculum next year. So, have any of the level 2 retakers noticed a significant change from 2010 to 2011 level 2 materials? I know the fundamentals of the principles don’t change, but do the LOS and/or any significant amount of the curriculum? PS. I tried the search function. The search function is poor. If this info is out there, I apologize if I’m asking something twice.

You’ll only know for sure in July. That’s when the LOS for the next year are released. I doubt that the QM stuff can change much YoY. You might want to kick off with it.

Sorry, this is a Huskies only forum.

http://www.finquiz.com/, for curriculum changes year after year…

Flesh7979, Thanks for that info. That was exactly what I was looking for. For anyone else, it’s at this link: http://www.finquiz.com/cfa_level_2_curriculum_changes_2010_2011 IAmNeil, After Sunday night, I think I have until at least February 27th to keep posting!