Boring material ....

Somebody please tell me that readings on corporate governance and emerging markets finance are not very important for the exam, at least for the morning part… I can’t understand why they have chosen to include such extremely theoretical readings.

thommo77 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > CFABLACKBELT Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > smileygladhands Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > ive finished my first pass through the > material > > - > > > i can tell you it never gets better - outside > of > > a > > > few small parts in fixed income, and the risk > > > management stuff, its all absolutely, > > > mind-numbingly boring. At least in L1 and L2 > i > > > felt like i was learning stuff. Not here. > > > > > > Agreed. Hats off to those who find this > material > > interesting and for having positive attitudes. > > > > > For me, I feel like I’m studying for a huge > > compliance-like exam. > > > I agree. I am trying to convince myself and I > tell myself daily that this material is really > interesting and I love it, but deep down I feel > like I am studying for the Series 7. Haha ya I was thinking that this is very similar to S7 language. Unfortunately it won’t nearly be as easy =(

another vote for the coolness of L3 compared to the others for me. Some (though not all) of you may change your mind after you get through the full curriculum as I think it did a nice job of pulling everything together.

Hey Guys! L3 can be somewhat “fuzzy” but rest assured, you’ll want your head “clear” and ready to rock n roll come exam time! Sometimes the L3 material is cool; sometimes analytical; sometimes compliance-like, etc. I look at like the last pieces of the whole CFA Body of Knowledge jigsaw puzzle. On the exam, and pardon me if this sounds extremely simple: --Answer the Question asked! If the question asks for 3 solutions and why?? You have got to give them the 6 answers. --Put yourself in the position to Win every question. --Give the Grader a reason to pass you! Keep plugging away on your studies…you have plenty of time to thoroughly understand the material.