Boring material ....

Is it just me, or is 50% of this material extremely boring??? Not that I got off on level 1 or 2 stuff but it was actually pretty concrete stuff where as this seems to drag on and on about stuff that I have no interest in… its a hard task to keep focused, I just look further in the book to something that is a bit more applicable and stimulating than this crap in the second half of book 3!

Yeah, a lot of Level 3 is pulled out of someone’s @ss. Hopefully, you will only have to learn this once.

I think Level III is actually more interesting than Level I and II. Only some parts like GIPS are boring.

I’m with cityboy. I think this stuff is infinitely more interesting than L1 or 2.

Hmmmmm… this material makes me think … apologies to all those Portfolio managers out there … but … f*ck being a Portfolio manager! … Good night! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

It’s mixed I think, but right now it’s terrible! I am reading Chapter 36…over 100 pages of AI!!! What a total nightmare. It just goes on, and on, and on, and on…

bannisja Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m with cityboy. I think this stuff is > infinitely more interesting than L1 or 2. You are kidding me! I am sweating real hard just reading between the lines.

Level 3 teaches you how to match the return of the market, end of story!

cityboy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think Level III is actually more interesting > than Level I and II. Only some parts like GIPS are > boring. +10, this stuff is awesome except the risk management portion, I even love GIPS

ive finished my first pass through the material - i can tell you it never gets better - outside of a few small parts in fixed income, and the risk management stuff, its all absolutely, mind-numbingly boring. At least in L1 and L2 i felt like i was learning stuff. Not here.

I love ethics even more at Level III. Its really sinking in now. This stuff is great.

Level 1, lets learn what an account receivable is Level 2, hey ya’ll lets learn some 10,000 archaic formulas that we will never use again Level 3, lets apply Ceteris Peribus and ebullience to beat our benchmark.

The best part of level 3 is behavioral finance. Who agrees?

TheAliMan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The best part of level 3 is behavioral finance. > Who agrees? I wouldn’t say the best, but it definitely isn’t the worst.

So far i have done 3 Study Sessions: Behavioral Finance, Private Wealth Mgmt and Institutional Wealth Mgmt. I found all of them very interesting. Now, I have started with Capital Market Expectations and my impression has started to change :slight_smile: Good part is, i was anyways expecting this reading to be boring.

I’m enjoying l3 more than the other 2.

Corporate governance stuff was terrible…

smileygladhands Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ive finished my first pass through the material - > i can tell you it never gets better - outside of a > few small parts in fixed income, and the risk > management stuff, its all absolutely, > mind-numbingly boring. At least in L1 and L2 i > felt like i was learning stuff. Not here. Agreed. Hats off to those who find this material interesting and for having positive attitudes. For me, I feel like I’m studying for a huge compliance-like exam.

CFABLACKBELT Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > smileygladhands Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > ive finished my first pass through the material > - > > i can tell you it never gets better - outside of > a > > few small parts in fixed income, and the risk > > management stuff, its all absolutely, > > mind-numbingly boring. At least in L1 and L2 i > > felt like i was learning stuff. Not here. > > > Agreed. Hats off to those who find this material > interesting and for having positive attitudes. > > For me, I feel like I’m studying for a huge > compliance-like exam. I agree. I am trying to convince myself and I tell myself daily that this material is really interesting and I love it, but deep down I feel like I am studying for the Series 7.

i miss the objectivity of the quant section, but whatever.