BOSTON Celtics

Signed Sheed, Boston, MA (Sports Network) - Forward Rasheed Wallace has officially agreed to a contract with the Boston Celtics, the club announced Wednesday. Terms of the deal were not disclosed, but FOXSports.com and the Boston Globe on Sunday indicated Wallace was expected to sign a two-year contract for the mid-level exception. The deal could not become official until Wednesday, which is the first day NBA free agents are allowed to sign. “We are ecstatic to be able to add a player the caliber of Rasheed Wallace to our team,” Celtics President of Basketball Operations Danny Ainge said. “It is not every day that you can add a four-time All-Star and a player with championship experience.” Wallace, 34, spent the last five-plus seasons with Detroit, helping the Pistons win an NBA title in 2004. He averaged 12 points and 7.4 rebounds in 66 games (63 starts) for Detroit last season. The four-time All-Star broke into the league in the 1995-96 season with Washington, after the then-Bullets selected him fourth overall in the '95 draft. In 1,009 career games over 14 seasons with Washington, Portland, Atlanta and Detroit, Wallace has averaged 15.0 points and 6.9 boards.

Garnett is washed up, Sheed is washed up. Just wait until NY signs Lebron and becomes a real franchise again.

The Knicks are a waste of space in the NBA. My money is on Orlando.

I hate to say it, the Lakers look pretty good. Artest > Ariza

The Lakers are pretty stacked, do you think that Shaq will make a big enough impact to help Cleveland?

Against a younger and stronger Howard? I dunno… If Carter decides to play, I think the Magic have a really good chance again from the East

Celtics > Magic> Cavs > Pistons

Celtics and Lakers finals. The KG-less celtics took the magic to 7 games. That’s something. Hopefully celtics will keep the role players like Davis and Powe.

Toronto > Pistons

Allen Iverson ruins every team he goes to.

Stephon Marbury does too

Good luck getting Sheed to wake up and actually play. If you can do that, he can be a beast.

im not going to disagree with you there but Stephon atleast knows his place as a backup to Rajon. C’s have arguably the best back court in the league right now with Perkins, KG, and Wallace.

Shaq is over the hill and is more of a liability than an asset at this point in his career.

ancientmtk Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Celtics and Lakers finals. > > The KG-less celtics took the magic to 7 games. > That’s something. > > Hopefully celtics will keep the role players like > Davis and Powe. They already said goodbye to Powe because he’s a year away from full recovery on his knee. Davis thinks he’s big time after his postseason performance so he’ll be looking for more than the C’s will pay. If they add Grant Hill they’ll have great depth 1-8. Should be an exciting season with all the contenders loading up for a run. C’s are my pick to win it.

He’s just taking minutes away from Powe and Big Baby. He’s over the hill. If they contend, it will because Garnett gets healthy.

I like how NHL and NBA playoffs are always during the peak of study time. Great timing

CFAdetroit Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Good luck getting Sheed to wake up and actually > play. If you can do that, he can be a beast. Garnett will light a fire under his ass. They’re close friends I hear.

The only fire between Garnett and Sheed will be the end of the joint they will be sharing after games

What will happen to Starbury?